Chapter 15: Stay w/ you

Author's note: Short chapter !!

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight

I sat up on the couch in front of the television and watched as spongebob broadcasted. I was glad it was friday and the week was over. I was ready to sit back and relax all day. 

I heard footsteps walking down the stairs, seconds later auntie Keisha appeared in the living room with her silk rose gold robe. " Say li' mama, what you got going on tonight? Any parties?" She asked me. 

" Nope, Imma just stay here. What about you? You got any plans?" I asked her taking my focus from off of the tv. 

" Nahhh, I think imma stay in." She replied before having a seat on the couch next to me. " You sure you don't got no plans? I won't mind taking you...You 16, You should enjoy yourself" She added, nudging me in the arm.

"Auntie Keisha you kno-"

I was suddenly interrupted when my phone vibrated in my lap causing me to look down at it. I noticed I had just received a message from....

" Who that?" Auntie Keisha asked. 

" Kendell" I mumbled. 

She adjusted herself in her seat and crossed her legs, she had this messy factual expression on her face. I already knew she was about to say some messy stuff. 

"Sherhonda son?" She asked. 

" Yes tete" I replied placing my hand over my face in embarrassment.

She squinted her eyes, " Yall fuckin?" She quickly asked. 

I smacked my lips aggressively, " No auntie Keisha" I laughed watching her stare at me with a stern factual expression. 

" Mhm, I'm just making sho'" She Slightly laughed, but you could tell she was serious. I looked down at the messages and noticed he had told me to come over. 

" I ain't think yall talk" She mumbled laying back onto the couch, she looked as if she had went into deep thought about the situation. 

" It's not that serious keisha, we barely talk" I shrugged. 

" What you mean it ain't that serious? All the girls like li' ken....He that nigga round hea" She explained causing me to bust out in laughter. 

" He not all that" I replied near the verge of tears, considering I was still laughing. 

" You gon' find out...But Im finna go  back to bed. You sho' you don't got plans for tonight?"She asked standing up from the couch. 

I looked at her then at my phone, then back at her. " Can I go to Ken house ?" I asked. 

She sighed and placed her hand on her hip. " Gon' head, Be back before 10 and i'm not playing!" She explained. 

I nodded understanding, " Okay" 

After getting my keys and my phone, I was on my way across the street to Ken's house. I wondered why he wanted me to visit so late in the day. 

Maybe he was bored like always, Or maybe he had something to tell me about school. Either way I didn't mind going over to see him. He was just cool and his personality was different, he was playful but he was laid back at the same time. Once I got to his door I rung the doorbell and waited patiently until somebody came. I knew I should've called him but I really wanted to get the chance to see his mom for the first time.

The door swung opened, revealing youngdude....Or whatever his rap name was. 

" Say li' bit, You hea fa my li' brudda?" He asked, causing me to cringe at his thick southern accent. His was even thicker than Ken's. 

I nodded, " yeah".

" He gotta girl up dea....Ion een think you wanna come" he told me with a serious factual expression. My eyes grew big as I watched him show no pity at all. 

" But he j-"

He begin to chuckle causing me to stop in mid sentence. " I'm just fuckin witchu, come in" He laughed. 

I didn't even bother saying anything as I entered the house. " And take off yo shoes, My og just mopped and ion feel like hearing ha mouf" He inserted. 

" Okay" I mumbled taking off my PINK slides. 

" Gon upstairs, he up there" He spoke from behind me. 

I proceeded up the stairs towards Ken room. I knocked on the door before entering and when i got in, he could be seen playing the game. 

" I ain't think you was gon' come" He spoke with his eyes still glued to the tv. 

" Why not? " I chucked, walking over to take a seat on the bed. 

After the kiss that happened on Monday with me and Kendell, we never spoke on it. It wasn't awkward either, It was regular and we acted like it never even happened. However, This was our first time being together after it happened. I just hope he doesn't bring it up.

" Ain't you pose to be at somebody party? Why you at home on a friday night?" He asked me. 

I giggled at the fact that he really thought anybody would invite me to a party. " Me? Come on now Kendell, Imma lame". 

" Fuck that mean? Lame people have parties too" He added. 

" Well wouldn't that mean the party would be lame too?" I asked, needing clarification. 

" Shit yea" He laughed. 

" Ew, fuck wrong with yo laugh?" I asked cringing at his annoying laugh. 

" Mane You laugh worse than mine" He asserted. 

" Headass, You sound like a dying cow" I mugged, watching as he side eyed me as he continued to play the game. 

He smacked his lips, " Fuck that but I need yo help".

" What is it?" I asked unlocking my phone, I scrolled over to instagram and lurked down my newsfeed as he continued to talk. 

" So It's this girl...." He said.

I tucked my lips and looked up at him awkwardly. " Yea...."

" I fuck with ha obviously, but I'm tryna be more than friends wit ha but Ion think she fuck wit me like I fuck with ha" He explained. 

My eyes grew big, I was very unsure at this point. Maybe He was never interested in me, or Maybe he just wanted to fuck. Maybe he was just using me to get to her....Maybe the kiss happened on mistake. 

It was crazy how girls thought of things, because at this point my mind was racing and so was my heart. 

I really liked him...and this whole time....

He didn't feel the same way. 

-

What y'all think?

I'm trying to get this ranked