Chapter 4: First day in the Rouge

- 🌸 Shayla janae knight

I closed my eyes as I felt the plane's wheels hit the concrete grounds of the Baton Rouge airport. I clenched a hold onto my phone because it seemed as if that was the only thing that i had. Soon as the plane came to a complete stop, I knew that was my que to get up. However, I never been on a plane, I just figured, because Everybody else was getting up.

I grabbed my bookbag from the luggage holder. It wasn't much that i had in it considering i wasn't the one that packed my bag, Ariana and Mani did.

I followed all of the foot traffic off of the plane that lead into the Main airport where I stood up and waited. I wasn't sure who i was waiting on specifically because I had no numbers or nothing. I was just told that Keisha was meeting me here.

I felt small sharp taps on my shoulder causing me to turn around and become face to face with my mom's youngest sister, Keisha....

" Oh my goodness, Niece you don' got big as fuck. You don' grew some hips and some titties. You a bad bitch just like yo auntie guh....." She yelled with her loud southern accent.

Oh I forgot to mention....she was ghetto....Extremely ghetto...

I softly giggled at the way she was non caring of the people in the airport.

"Hey tete" I greeted.

She smiled showing off her 2 gold teeth in the front. " guhh, I got too much to tell you, come on hea" She spoke grabbing me by my arm.

She pushed pass everybody in the airport without saying excuse me which caused me to laugh to myself. We finally made it outside of the airport where there were multiple nice expensive cars parked.

" Keisha, You got a foreign car?" I questioned.

She snapped her head back at me,  "Fuck no, dere go my car right Dea" She said as she pointed.

I Turned my head in the direction that she pointed in and noticed a white 1996 honda civic.

"Oh" I replied dryly.

" Yup so come on, You finna really see how fast this thang go" She smiled before walking over to the car and i followed.

She unlocked the doors and I opened the passenger side door and slid in after she got in. Once I was all the way in, i closed the door and reached for my seat belt but i couldn't feel it. I turned my neck and looked for the seatbelt but I suddenly noticed it wasn't there...

" Oh shit, Ma bad. I meant ta get that shit fixed." She apologized.

" It's good" I replied before pulling out my phone. She started the ignition and on came the radio.

" Girl you workin' with some ass, yeah, you bad, yeah, Make a nigga spend his cash, yeah, his last, yeah.Hoes frown when you pass, yeah, they mad, yeah. You gon' ride in the Jag, yeah, with that head. You could smoke or buy a bag, yeah, of grass, yeah. Got money I can flash, yeah, and trash, yeah. "

" Ayeee niece you ain't gon' turn up wimme? this my shit" She loud mouthed before sticking her tongue out and twerking in her seat.

" Girlll you looking good, wantchu back that azz up! Aye Aye!" She rapped as she still continued to dance in her seat.

I Laughed as I shook my head. I couldn't believe this was my momma sister, they didn't act alike at all. She placed the car in drive and drove out of her park from in front of the airport.

She reached her hand to turn the volume down on the music. " Jus ta warn you, I live in da hood....so you prolly gon' hea gunshots and shit" She Warned me still with her eyes on the road.

" I hear that on a daily...detroit even worse" I sighed.

"Nobody gon' hurt ya doe....I know errbody. Dem niggas crazy but dey ain't that crazy" She explained with a slight chuckle.

I nodded and focused my attention on the outside, through the window. I just wanted to go back home, Downsouth seemed so much different than the city. It was so like....Different.

" What if ion make no friends?" I asked breaking the silence among us.

" Friends? fuck is those? Still to this day i ain't got no friends, You don't need em boo. You fine assa bitch anyways so You wouldn't have to worry bout it" She explained.

I let the car get silent again before replying back. " You right, what about school?" I asked her.

She snapped her head towards me with an unpredictable factual expression. " Fuck" She blurted out.

" What?" I asked.

" I fa'got all about dat" She admitted causing me to give her a stern look.

This was the worst mistake ever....

" Damn well I-"

" Nawl, we can go tomorrow and get ya registered. I'a buy you clothes too" She said taking a look at the little bookbag in my hand.

I nodded. " Thank you" I thanked.

The car ride after that was silent, However it wasn't long until we reached the destination. I knew we were there when Keisha told me, disturbing me from my nap.

" We hea niece, welcome to da north side of Br" She announced.

I looked out the window at all of the abandoned houses and all of the kids running around everywhere enjoying each other. It reminded me of how me and my friends use to play but we couldn't no more. Detroit was too bad ....

We drove more distance before Keisha slowed down on a particular street labeled Chippewa.

" and dis whea I live....Right dea in that house" She directed as she slowed her car down in front of a poorly built home.

I smiled because I was greatful though. Atleast I had a roof over my head and somebody who was kind enough to look after me.

" Alright come on" Keisha said before getting out of the car and I did the same and followed her over towards the house.

-

Vote 😊 get me to 80