Chapter 8: Upgrades

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight

" Ay Shayla, you doing some Tomorrow?" Ciara asked me as she chewed the rest of her lunch food in her mouth.

"Nah, I don't think so, Why?" I asked taking a sip of my strawberry lemonade.

" We all pose to be going to the movies, My mama can come getchu" Naomi suggested.

I nodded slowly taking in the fact that I wasn't really into going outside. I was always inside, watching tv or either on my phone.

" I'll see and let yall know...My auntie kind of overprotective" I lied.

" Guh you a junior in highschool.....I'a be so mad" Taylor chimed in and said.

" Tell me about it" I sighed, Kind of hoping they won't catch the lie.

The bell rung instantly rang, indicating that the Lunch period was over. Which meant it I was only 2 periods away from the weekend which i was excited about since we had a 3 day weekend.

I picked up my lemonade and grabbed my bookbag and stood up from the lunch table, quickly making my way out of the crowded cafeteria. 

I just really hoped that these periods went by fast

I walked down the hallway and pushed past people that were walking too slow. Finally making it to my English class. 

-2 hours later 

" Immune cells known as neutrophils can eject their DNA, forming a mesh of sticky strands called a neutr-"

The school bell rung interrupting the teacher, that meant it was finally the start of my boring weekend but I really wasn't tripping, at least I had a break from waking up at 6 oclock in the morning. I got up from my school desk along with grabbing my bookbag. 

I proceeded out the classroom and followed the hallway traffic towards the doors that lead outside. 

I felt a light tap on my shoulder causing me to look back and see Kendell annoying ass. " What you want?" I asked. 

" Damn, I can't say hey?" he mugged. 

" I meannn, You ain't say hey...You tapped me" I corrected. 

" Hey shayla" He chuckled with that same annoying ass laugh. I hated it because that was something that I heard all throughout gym class. 

" You think Keisha gon' take me home?" He asked me. 

I gave him a stern look, It seemed as if he asked the stupidest questions.  "Kendell, Why wouldn't she take you home?" I chuckled. 

" Shit, I don't know" He mumbled.

We proceeded out the door and instantly the coldness smacked me in the face. This was first time seeing snow in Baton Rouge and I was actually surprised because it hardly snowed here. 

" Guess who tryna go to the movies with me tomorrow?" I implied over to Kendell who seemed to be too busy scrolling on his instagram newsfeed. 

" Who?" He asked, barely focused. 

" Yo girlfriend" I joked. 

" Mane which one?" He chuckled, looking up from his phone. I smacked my lips along with shaking my head. 

" Ciara, I told her no though" I shrugged. 

" Good, that bitch fake" He admitted with a silly smirk on his face. " How?" I questioned. 

" I can't tell you allat cause you gon' go back and tell ha ass" He rejected, causing me to smack my lips. 

" Kendell...Tell me. I don't even talk to her like that" I Begged. 

" Mane how I know that you ain't gon' go back and tell ha?" He asked over towards me and I looked at him as if he was speaking another language. 

" Boy I just told you that i don't talk to her.....i feel like she up to something...But i don't know" I explained. 

" She try to be friends with every girl she see me talking to...She just be jealous and shit" He explained, still walking with me. 

" Man that's some bullshit, I see I gotta distance myself then" I sighed. 

" Find some new friends then....or just ask them to change yo lunch period to mines" He shrugged. 

I slowly nodded my head as i continued to walk. " I'a see" i told him. 

A car horn could be heard from a distance causing the both of us to look up and see Auntie keisha pulling up. I sighed considering it was cold outside and I wanted to go home and just lay in my bed. 

We both walked in the street towards her car and got in. I got in the front and Kendell got in the back. 

" Hey Kendell and Hey Niece...How was school?" She asked with lots of energy. 

I looked at her and smiled, " It was good, Why you in a good mood?" I asked. 

" Damn Keisha you got the new iphone X?" Kendell asked from the back seat as he looked through a white bag. 

" Kendell!" Auntie Keisha asserted. 

We both looked at her with curious factual expressions. " What?" I questioned.

" Mane I was tryna surprise you but damn, It ain't no surprise nomo" Keisha explained, referring to me. 

I quickly looked at the iphone box that Kendell held up in his hand. 

"That's mine?" I questioned, quickly back at kiesha. " Yup, that's what that stripper money getchu" She chuckled along with sticking her tongue out. 

" Oh my God, Auntie Keisha!" I Gasped. 

Since i never in my life had a iphone, It was something that I truly been wanting for like forever, But I couldn't get it because it was always above my mother and I budget. 

" I thought I get it for you....Throw that android away" She chuckled. 

" Thank you so much Tete...." I thanked reaching in the backseat to grab the phone from Kendell's grip. 

" Now you can facetime me and nomo of them weak ass phone calls" He chuckled. 

I instantly looked back towards him and gave him a stern look. " Shut up" I said, chuckling as well. 

No, Kendell wasn't my type....Cause I know That's what it sounds like....I was into city boys, the kind that went to my old school, back in Detroit. 

However, I had nothing against Country boys, They weren't just my type.....besides, Kendell had a fanbase in school. In other words, he was popular. People loved him and popularity comes with Drama and haters, which was something that i didn't have time for. 

-

VOTEEE, get me to 85 atleast....

1K soon and as yall can see I changed this story from a Fanfic to a general fiction so that it will get more publicity. 

-Sorry that this chapter was short....I been writing all day for my other book on my other account, called " BOYS R US" It's a nba story and yall should read it and follow my other page and turn on yall notifications while y'all at it. 

GhettoStoryTellers