Chapter 27: Christmas day

MERRY CHRISTMAS or should I say ... MERRY BOOKMAS 🤣❤️‼️

🌸 Shayla janae Knight

" Awwwh thanks niece, I really needed some of these." Auntie Shayla smiled as she looked at her timberland boots I got for her.

Christmas Day was finally here and thanks to my job, I was able to buy Tete Keisha some gifts to show my appreciation towards her,

By the way, she damn near bought the whole forever 21 store for me.

" I'm glad you like em, try them on." I told her.

She stood up from her spot on the couch and tried the shoes on. I liked seeing people happy, it made me happy.

Once the shoe was on her feet, she started to walk around the living room like she was in a fashion show. " Them bitches gon hate me when they see me in these." She laughed.

I chuckled at how silly she was. She reminded me so much of my mama.

I just wish she was here. Christmas definitely wasn't the same. It's been a year since I seen my mama and it sure felt like longer. It kind of hurt me to know that she wasn't getting the help that she needed either.

I just hope she find her way with god before it was too late.

" What's wrong shay? Why you lookin sad?" Keisha questioned. I guess she had noticed that something was on my mind.

I shook my head, " Nothing." I said.

But everybody knew Auntie Keisha could spot when I was sad, so I had no idea why I tried to hide it.

" Come on na Chile, tell me." She demanded.

I sighed, " I jus miss my mama, that's all." I shrugged.

Nobody knew what it was like to lose their mother to drugs and then spending holidays without her. It was horrible and heartbreaking.

Auntie Keisha sat back down on the couch and took a deep breath. She paused for a long time and stared at the ground.

" Look shay, I know it's hard and all but baby you gots ta be strong... you hea me ? Strong for yourself, strong fa the ones around you, and most importantly, strong fa ya mama." She explained.

" She gon get better Shay, just trust the process. All it take is time... be patient. She got this." She told me.

I sniffled and tried my hardest to hold back any tears, I didn't feel like crying on Christmas.