Chapter 9: Relating to my situation

p/s this is a short chapter 

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight 

Drama? I really couldn't put my input on it because I've never really been in any. Growing up all my life, I've been stuck with the same group of girls, My best friends. So we never ever been through a hard time in our friendship. 

However, I don't wanna be in any, just because I really wasn't the fighting type nor the arguing type. I Never in my life been in a fight and I'm pretty proud of myself. 

I took my headphones out of my ear and instantly, the screeching sound of the motor Go-karts that were being raced outside hit my ears. 

"Still?" I questioned annoying, considering Kendell and some other boy has been racing on go carts since 12 oclock in the afternoon and now It was 5 oclock and now they were STILL racing. 

" TETE KEISHA?" I called out from my bed upstairs considering she was down the hall in her room getting ready for her night shift at the strip club. 

" Yeah guh, why the hell you yellin?" She called out. 

" My bad but can you leave me a 20 so i can order pizza?" I asked her considering i been hungry for a while now. 

" Yeah...You ain't got no plans tonight?" She questioned in a curious tone. 

" With who? You know I don't got no friends tete" I sighed trying to ignore the fact that It was going on the 2nd week of school and I didn't have any friends that i could hang out with. 

" Whateva" She replied.

" I'm finna go outside and sit on the porch" I explained to her. 

" Fa what? lemme find out my li' niece got ha a li' crush" She chuckled, Auntie Keisha was definitely Immature for her age. 

I sighed and placed my earphones back in my ear, turning up the Sza song that played in them. I got up from my spot on the bed and made my way over to my furry slide slippers that was given to me by Auntie Keisha. 

I made my way downstairs and proceeded over towards the door. I opened it and instantly, the sunlight hit my vision causing me squint. I found a shady spot on the concrete steps since it was in the way of a tree. 

The song switched over, causing me to look down at the unknown artist playing on my phone. The song that played was titled Nba Youngboy Life. 

flashback

I looked at him with a face of no emotion. " I'm so confused right now...I'm.suppose to know your brother or something?" I questioned.

" Duhh, you don't know nba youngboy?" He asked in a tone of shock.

I shook my head slowly. " Nope, I'm not into allat basketball stuff...I like track" I told him.

" Mane fuck no, he rap! how don't you know nba youngboy?" He asked before sitting his phone down on the side of him.

" I don't know him...That's all people know you for? " I asked mugging him.

" usually, I'm use to the shit doe...." He shrugged.

-Flashback over

I locked my phone and placed it on my lap and let the song play. I soon noticed the words were more impacting than I thought they would be. I bobbed my head to the music and listened to every word that he seemed to say.

" When my grandma left, I couldn't do nothing but cry...Got on my knees send my prayers to the sky, I asked him why, I swear so many times, so many times" 

Flashback 

My 12 year old self layed on the cold floor of my mom's apartment. We had a eviction notice that was due on the 3rd and now it was the 5th and momma seemed as if she didn't care. Grandma tried to help but she seemed to decline her help everytime she offered. 

I just wished for better days. 

" Shayla if you hungry, Y-you know....t-to go over to yo grand...ma house" She slurred as she walked through the living room where I was located. 

I sighed and stood up from the floor. I was losing weight, you could tell by my limp body. I wasn't being fed. 

I grabbed my coat from the same spot that i was laying in since I used it for a cover when I went to sleep at night. I put it on and proceeded out the door of the small apartment. 

I walked down the street of the dangerous streets of Detroit...you were lucky if you made it down the street without a bullet being struck in your back....On my way to her house god was with me....I prayed. 

Walking upon her block I noticed red lights and heard loud sirens. From a distance they seemed to be in front of her house. 

I jogged my way down the street as i noticed a big crowd around her house. Apporching her house I heard the loud cries of both my bestfriends Mani and Ariana....

" What Happened?" I asked passing in between of the many strangers. They all seemed to ignore me, they all focused their attention on the house. 

I finally pushed through all of the people and noticed my grandmothers lifeless body laying on the stretcher....

That's when it hit me, Nobody was left here to care for me. The one person that was there the most....Gone.

She bath me, clothed me....Fed me. My momma ain't give a damn about me. My daddy was too busy worrying about selling drugs and my other family members were too ashamed to care for me just because I was Evelyn's daughter.....the crackhead.

-

Flashback over

One tear dropped from my eye as i Listened to the emotional lyrics....

"RIP to my grandma gale on everything I miss you, We ain't never had nothing, you found us ways to get it,Walking to the show, eat from out the cafeteria" 

I placed my head down my on my lap as the tears flowed down my face. 

"Never forget the fact that my mama put me befo' a nigga. Never forget my daddy lied to me about coming to get me. They just see how i'm living...They don't see How I be feeling"

-

I can't lie, This chapter made me cry.....💯

Don't laugh cause this shit relate to many people situations and I know some of yall immature asf...

Everybody has gon' through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person that they once were.