Chapter 18: First Party Pt.2

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight

I guess I really didn't like parties for a reason. The amount of sweat that was wiped on my arm made me cringe in disgust.

I couldn't lie, It was lit though....Just not my type of party

" Guh you ain having fun ?" Vanessa asked over the music and I nodded my head, considering she probably wasn't gonna hear me over the music.

" Ion believe that, we can leave if you want." She yelled over the music.

" Ken enjoying his-self so I'll just wait." I told her, making sure I was loud enough.

I looked over to my left and noticed Ken and the rest of his school friends getting twerked on by the little freshman girls. I shook my head at the ratchetness. Of course Ciara made her appearance on Kendell, as she twerked on him and I just sat in the corner and watched as I swayed side to side at the new orleans bounce music that played.

I wasn't jealous

I just hated how he did things to make me jealous.

No, what was I Saying?

Or maybe I was jealous, Just only a little bit.

I couldn't lie, Kendell and I were only just friends but we seemed to form a connection. I knew he liked me, come on now.

Anybody could see that he does.

What if he didn't though?

I didn't realize I was staring at him until he looked up from Ciara's Butt and his eyes landed on mine. We were now watching each other from across the room. I instantly looked away and planted my eyes on the floor.

" I be right back." I Yelled over to Vanessa before proceeding to the bathroom in Taylor's house. I pushed pass the many sweaty bodies, in need to find the bathroom which was down the hall.

Once I arrived, I went in and noticed Taylor fixing her hair in the mirror. She noticed I had arrived and turned to face me. " Wassam Guh." She greeted with a fake smile and I smiled back.

" Hey..Happy birthday." I told her, trying to sound energetic.

" Thank you, I preciate you coming out and celebrating." She added.

I waved her off, " Oh it's not a big deal."

This was by far the fakest conversation EVER.

" It's hella hot out dea, too much sweat. I need a break." She chuckled.

I semi chuckled and nodded my head, agreeing with her. " Yeah, I feel you."

She looked in the mirror one more time before looking back at me. " You seen Ciara? I know I just saw her round hea somewhea."

I felt a whiff of air on my neck causing me to turn around and become face to face with Ciara and Kendell, However he had his arm around her.

" Bitch I was looking for you." Ciara spoke with a slight smirk on her face as she held conversation with Taylor.

I turned around, rushing out the bathroom, making sure I bumped Kendell in the process.

I walked through the party in search of Vanessa. I bumped people as I tried my best to brush past them. After minutes of looking for her through the party, I couldn't seem to find her, causing me to grow frustrated.

I proceeded to make my way outside for fresh air and a place to get in contact with Auntie Keisha. I really didn't wanna wait for Kendell's brother to come get us because I wasn't really in the mood for kendell or Kentrell's inappropriate Adult jokes.