Epilogue - Part Two

“That’s good,” Addy sniffed, smudging her makeup a little as she wiped her eyes. “And Mimi, I’m glad that you’re okay, and that you and Tidus both survived what happened back at Claudia’s… But now, I think maybe it’s time we started paying attention to the bigger picture.”

“Which is?” I said evenly, holding back a sigh as I struggled not to feel so defensive.

“Naomi, Claudia, Charles, and the Romaines have ties to The Order, and we can’t ignore that.” Ethan said, stepping in for Addy. “So our question is: what happens if you find out that they’re more involved in these sacrifices than you think?”

“Well, Ethan, I think what you’re really asking is if I can do the hard thing and stay committed to this, right?”

Ethan looked back at me with guilty silence for an answer.

“Trust me, you guys. I still plan on getting the rest of the answers about what happened to my family, and I will continue to deal with my grandfather as well. But this mess with Claire? This is a priority. And we’ll take care of it.” I said quietly, meeting each of their gazes. “Together.”

“Even Tidus?” said Ethan, grimly.

“If he’s involved in this,” I said, pulling out my shades as the rain finally began to fall.  “Then I’ll handle him myself. And that goes for anyone responsible for what happened to Claire. They’re already dead. They just don’t know it yet.”

And as I walked across the cemetery, with the others eventually falling into line behind me, suddenly I knew that there would be many more days ahead for dressing in black.

And I would be ready for them.

*  *  *

Ok guys, I really hope you enjoyed reading TROTR : ) And thank you so much for all the comments and votes. That means so much to me!!!

But that's not it for TROTR. On the next page there's a sneak peak of the next, The Bones of the Pack so that you can pick up where Naomi and the gang left off. If you like it, check it out on my profile!

PS. You're awesome! ; ) I love ya, ya beautiful reader you!

XOXO, Jada