You don't have to try

Myoui Mina × Male reader!!!

You were always trying to get her attention ever since you're her friend...

She's a hard person to get some attention because of her popularity in the school and her popularity as an idol.

You're frustrated to get her when she's busy with her works.

That's it!

You planned to get a better thing to do to get the Japanese girl's attention. You decided you're going to sing some song by a legendary lyricist, Yoon Il Sang I miss you that's been sung by Kim Bumsoo.

Since you're having some singing history in Immortal Songs, and luckily, you've got an invitation from the show...

You instantly accept it and get yourself to practice the song since the show is about the living legend you've been admiring of...

The song is very related to your feelings right now and you're moved by the meanings as you get teary eyed over the song when you heard the original singer singing the song.

You then took the song and make some changes to the arrangement the song.

It took you a few days to match up your voice to the song... Adjusting the high parts and low parts...

You knew the competitors in the show aren't easy ones to compete to be a winner but you won't care about that...

You only care that the girl is going to see you're singing on television...

---

Today is the day you're going to sing the song. You and some best artists are in the waiting room, waiting for getting called from the MC the outside.

You sure have enjoyed hearing the singing from the others.

"Y/n-shi, I heard you're here because of someone", one of the three MCs in the waiting room said.

You're quite surprised how they got that information.

You opened your mouth to answer, "Yes, I'm here for someone"

Everyone in the room was giving a knowing looks at you, "Oh~~ Do we know that someone"

You chuckled hearing one of the Artists' questions.

"Yes... She's been a close friend of mine since we're kids", another oh coming from them.

"She's now a successful idol and a member of a famous girl's group", you told them proudly.

"진짜?", you nodded.

You don't realize until it's your name being called and everyone is giving you a 'fighting'.

Before you're going to the stage...

There's a short interview about why and what makes you sing this song... And you, of course, didn't lie when you said it's for someone dear to you and trying to get her attention after losing contact when she's in South Korea...

"Well, first of all, this is one of my favorite songs from Yoon Il Sang-sunbaenim and I always sing this song whenever I remember her"

"Her?"

"Yes, her... It's someone dear to me... And I hope when I sing this song she's watching this"

You don't know when you've answered that, the girl you've been so hard to get her attention is in the waiting room, as a surprise guess to see you singing lively in flesh...