Chapter 1

Sympathy POV:

"This has to be done, by tomorrow!" Marcus says harshly, his eyes lighting up with rage when he looked at me. 

"But...but I've got a big assignment due tomorrow" I stutter out. All of a sudden, I feel a familiar stinging sensation on my cheek and my head was whipped to the opposite side of the corridor. 

"I don't care. Do it or you know the consequences" he spits before he throws the piece of paper at me. I lean down to get the paper and I tightly grip it. I had to get this done, I thought if I did what he said, maybe he would stop bullying me. I see crowds of people stood there, some were laughing but some were looking at me with pity. They never did anything. No one did.

Everyone in the school Is against me because of a stupid rumour, that was lies.

*flashback* 

"Then...then he hit me" I cried. Mark has been bullying me for years, but today he hit me- hard. I was looking for Jessica, my hand cupping my sore cheek and my eyes were filled with tears when her boyfriend found me first.

He didn't say anything, instead he took me into a bear hug. I accepted his comfort because I just needed someone to let me know they cared and was there for me. 

"You don't deserve this" he says softly, he wiped my tears and gave me another small hug. 

Out of nowhere, I'm being dragged away by my hair, leaving a searing hot pain in my head. 

"I can't believe you" I was pushed against the lockers and face Jessica.

"I knew something was going on between the two of you" she spits and for a second, I see tears fill her eyes, "I thought we were friends" she murmurs under her breath. 

"Babe, you have it all wrong" he says softly, walking up to her. 

"No!" Her grip on me tightens,  "we are over!" She snaps before turning to me, "and we are done" She let's me go, making me drop to the floor. 

Her boyfriend was glaring daggers at me before he storms off. 

*end of flashback*

Jessica is now "queen b" of the school and has turned everyone against me. When she said she was done, she really meant it. She hasn't spoke to me since.