Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Sympathy POV: 

Walking on my own and listening to music was something I dearly cherished when I was confused, annoyed or both.I let the wind brush through my hair, which was recently cut to just below my shoulders.

It's been a week. 

I've been avoiding Noah for a week. I made sure that it wasn't obvious, I just stopped hanging out with him as much. I've been avoiding Noah for a week. I made sure that it wasn't obvious, I just stopped hanging out with him as much.

It's been a week in which Sebastian has been avoiding me, he has even been skipping classes that I have with him. To say I was hurt was underestimated. It's crazy how I'm avoiding a guy and am annoyed at a guy for avoiding me. 

I turned up my music louder, quickening my pace. I didn't even know where I was going, heck, I didn't even know where I was but being out walking is always better than being stuck inside, in my opinion. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and took out an earphone and turned around. I felt the sparks appear. 

"What the fuck are you doing here, Sympathy?" Sebastian spits harshly, he was fuming. "I called your name many times and you didn't answer me" he fumed. 

"Why are you angry? Surely, I should be mad at you for ignoring me" I say honestly. I see a flash of regret before  he rolls his eyes. 

"Don't be difficult, come with me" he demands. I didn't know what happened to the Sebastian that was always asking me to hang with him, but I didn't like it when he demanded me.

"No" I say.  With my still sense of shyness I've had 98.6% of my life.

"Come on Sympathy, you are being difficult" he says, looking void of any emotions. 

"I'm being difficult?" I ask humorlessly, "Sebastian, you've been ignoring me for a week. You give no explanation,  and you're seriously telling me I'm being difficult?" I scowl. 

For some reason being around him gave me a gut.

"Fine, I'll answer anything you want to ask when you come with me" he says with a frown. 

I willingly follow him to his car. 

"What do you want to know?"  He sounded beyond annoyed and angry with me. 

I'm the one who should be angry. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" I ask straight away. I see his eyes flicker from the road to me for a split second before he looks back to the road.

"I... You- look, I didn't ask for you to hang around with me. Sympathy, honestly you are too naïve and innocent to deal with my shit. I've not been avoiding you. I've just been with the gang more" he says, his voice sounded harsh yet I saw him frown with regret and guilt in his eyes.

"You have asked me to hang out with you plenty of times" I point out. 

"That was before" he says simply. 

"Before what?" I ask. 

He ignored me. 

"Bye sympathy" he says when he pulls up outside my house. 

I get out, annoyed and confused. I ignore him and walk into my house, and when I shut the door behind me, he drives off. I go upstairs to my room and change into my sleepwear, shower and brush my teeth. When I led down in bed, my phone pinged with a text. I frowned and felt like crying at the message.

Sebastian: Stay away from me. And avoid  Him."

Sebastian POV: 

"Why are you avoiding me?" The blunt question She asked honestly took me by surprise. 

I knew that she knew I was avoiding, but Sympathy was always quiet and would never really say what was on her mind. Then again, I think she has changed a lot since I stopped talking to her. She cut her hair short, she seemed more confident. I looked at her from the corner of my eye briefly and realised how much i missed her.

She was beautiful.

"I...You- look, I didn't ask for you to hang around with me. Sympathy, honestly you are too naive and innocent to deal with my shit. I've not been avoiding you. I've just been with the gang more" I say. I didn't mean it though. I wanted to hang around with her, I wanted to speak to her. 

But I couldn't.

"You've asked me to hang out with you plenty of times" she says, which was true. 

"That was before" I say with a shrug as if it wasn't a big deal.  I hoped she wouldn't push for answers.

"Before what?" She sounded a mixture of annoyed yet curious. 

Before him, I wanted to say. 

Before I knew you knew him. 

Before I put you in danger.

I kept my mouth shut. 

"Bye Sympathy" I manage to say. She gets out the car, and walks back to her house. 

I make sure she gets in before I drive off. My night was restless. I couldn't believe how dangerous he was yet he close he was so close to Sympathy. When Noah was here, the best thing to do was to make Sympathy stay away from me. I sent her a message, after 10 minutes of debating whether or not to sent it, but I sent it anyway.

To Sympathy: stay away from me.