Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Sebastian POV:

I couldn't explain the overwhelming sense of relief that I felt when we finally found Sympathy. Even though she was physically fine, I knew she wouldn't be mentally, and I felt guilty for that.

I'm basically the only reason this happened to her, her clothes were in tatters, her wrist scarred and baldy bleeding. She looked pale and withdrawn and it honestly broke my heart to see her like that.

We arrived back at our house, my heart was beating so quickly because I knew that this was the time I was going to open up to everyone about our rivals. This was the time I was going to break down my walls for Sympathy. Being without her really made me realise how much I like her and how much I want to protect her from all the bad in the world.

When we get there, everyone begins to walk into the living room in complete silence. We all sat down on the couch and Sympathy was sat next to me. When I looked at her, she smiled softly at me and I couldn't help but to return the smile.

"So, you are all probably wondering what the fuck that was and why they have been our rival gang for so long, right?" I ask. They all nodded their head at me, except Sympathy. I think she was a bit too shaken up but she definitely should be able to know.

"So Noah and I both had a cousin, his name was Jack-" I start but am cut off by Sympathy.

"Doesn't that make you related?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, we used to class each other as family when Jack was still alive but he died in a car crash that we were all involved in. We were stupid and drunk driving and when Jack was behind the wheel, he smashed into a huge lorry. He took most of the impact and we only had a few broken bones. Anyway, we ended up blaming each other because neither of us stopped him from driving when he was drunk and it went downhill from there really. As you know, Jack used to be the gangleader of a gang, when he died, it then left us in a strange position because someone had to take over and I didn't want him to be in charge and he didn't want me to be in charge. Anyway, in the end the gang kinda split depending on whose side their were on and who they prefer. Jack left 10 million dollars and told both, Noah and I, were it was. However, when I went there to get the money, Noah was already there and there was no money. We pretty much found out that my father took the money Jack left and Noah thinks it is a set up" I explain. I see everyone nodding, letting me know that they understood the backstory of Noah and I.

After a while, they start to go to bed and I took this as my opportunity to talk to Sympathy alone. Chloe, Asher and Lidia all helped Sympathy. She was freshly showered, clothed and had bandages around her wrist.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask quietly. She nods her head, giving me a small smile before she follows me into my room.

I sit on the bed, next to her.

"What's up, Sebastian?" She asked softly. The fact she was here, so close to me instantly made me feel at ease.

"i missed you" I say honestly, "i know i was ignoring you before you disappeared but i hoped that if Noah saw that we weren't friends, he wouldn't go after you" I add.

She said nothing, but wrapped her arms around my torso. Loving how she felt in my arms, I hug her back.

"I missed you too Sebastian, so much" her voice is muffled against my tshirt.

I lean down and kiss her forehead, the moment between us was too pure to ruin.

*Flashback*

My phone beeped with a text. I stopped punching the punching bag- it didn't make me any less stressed or guilty anyway.

Today its been over a week that I've been ignoring Sympathy. I've wanted nothing but to talk to her, be with her and hug her but I couldn't. It wasn't safe to do so just yet.

I look down and mentally curse at the text, before grabbing my bag and running to my car.

The text lingered in my mind as I drove to Sympathy's house, going over the speed limit.

Unknown: You might want to check on your 'sweetcheeks' or are you still ignoring her?

Although I hate to admit it, the text sent chills down my spine.

I knock on the door, smiling slightly (although I didn't want to) when Sympathy's mom answered.

"Hi, can I help you?" she smiled politely.

"Hi, I'm Sebastian, Sympathy's friend. Is she home?" I ask and she shook her head, her eyes widening slightly.

"She is at Lily's grave" she says and I nod with a smile.

"Thank you" I smile. Knowing that they had Sympathy and they wouldn't make it easy to find her, I quickly lie to her mom. "She is staying at her friend Chloe's for a few days. They were both friends with Lily" I say with a small smile. They were both friends with Lily, but I didn't want her mom to worry about Sympathy when I would be able to find her way quicker than the police can.

"Oh.. okay. Thanks for telling me" she smiled. I ran back to my car and jumped in after she shut the door, before driving off the the graveyard.

All I see, is Sympathy's phone on the floor and some blood, and that's all it takes for me to call Biker.

"Biker, get everyone in the warehouse now. It's an emergency!"

*End of Flasback*

I smile softly when Sympathy begins to fall asleep in my arms. I lay her down on my head, kiss her forehead before getting an extra blanket and laying on the sofa. The last thing I see before I fall asleep is Sympathy's shy smile from across the room.