Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"So how is college going, Jason?" Mum asked. She broke the complete and utter silence, except from the occasional clatter from the cutlery hitting our plates.

"Good, actually. It's so hard though, way harder than school was. I'm glad I went there though" He smiled and I find myself drifting out of their conversation when my dad and Jason began to talk about football. 

"Isn't that right, Sympathy?" My mum questions and I'm snapped back into reality. 

What were we talking about?

"Could you repeat the question?" I ask with a sheepish smile. I see Jason roll his eyes smiling at me. 

"I said, you were thinking about going to college weren't you?" She asked and I shrugged. 

"I'm not sure, I said I would think about it but I don't know if I want to go for definite" I say and my brother nods. 

"You should really consider it, it is hard but you'll get through it" He smiled and I nodded. 

I wasn't really sure on what I was going to do yet either. 

After we finish eating, I excuse myself and go to my room. I get any homework that is due in tomorrow finished before I have a hot, relaxing shower. 

I dry my  hair and get into my sleepwear before I drift into a peaceful slumber. 

***

I was putting my books in my locker when I felt it slam shut. 

"Your stupid assignment got me a B. A fucking B!" Marcus spits. He grips my chin tightly, making me stare into his eyes that was lit with rage and fury. 

"I... I'm sorry. I.. I had to do my own too" I stutter out, squeezing my eyes shut ready for the hit. 

But it never came. 

In fact, his grip was completely off of me and Sebastian, the schools ultimate bad boy, had punched him in the face. 

Everyone was stunned into silence, even me because I never even spoke to him. He didn't even know I existed, for gods sake and now he has made it worse because Marcus is going to blame me.

"I don't know how you can all stand around and watch Marcus almost hit this girl!" He shouts at the students, who's jaws had now dropped. 

I'm so shocked that I didn't know what to say. 

No one has ever stood up for me before, not once. 

I notice that his "gang" were stood not too far from me and I saw them approach. 

Everyone knew who they were, the most feared gang and, not only that, but they always caused trouble where ever they went. 

Sebastian was the 'mature' one. He only ever concentrated on his gang and family and had a ' I don't give a fuck' attitude. He was completely gorgeous with his short black hair and dark brown eyes with golden specks in them- they were mesmerising. He was tall and well-built and had sharp features. 

Luke was one of the quietest of the group. He had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. The was, by far, the biggest and tallest one of the group which intimidated many people. He was dating one of the bad girls in the gang, Chloe. 

Chloe was kind but only to those who mattered to her. She had long, light brown mousy hair with green eyes. You could mistake her to be emo with her dark eye makeup and her black short leather skirt and black leather jacket over a black top. 

Biker had short, black cropped hair. He also had dark green emerald eyes that glistened with danger. He was the quietest yet most blunt one of the gang as he always kept himself to himself. He was dating Chloe's best friend, Lidia. Biker and Lidia were very similar. 

Lidia didn't care about anyone but the gang and her family. She was blunt, sarcastic and seriously deadly. She could trick you into believing she was kind with her long black curly hair and bright green eyes but the leather jeans, spiked boots that matched her spiked leather jacket would convey different. 

Lidia's and Chloe's best friend, Asher had long, curly black hair and ocean blue eyes that sparkled with mischief. That was one of the main reasons why she was known to be the trouble maker of the group.

Joseph's blonde hair and brown eyes made most girls fall to his feet- but Joseph was better known to be a "womaniser". He played many women every single day and always gives Asher a hand to cause chaos anywhere and everywhere. 

Since I still haven't recovered, Joseph walked up to me. 

"are you okay?" He asked, concern lacing his words and it made me confused. He must have noticed my confusion because he chuckled, "I personally think it is wrong that Marcus is hitting you. And no one sticks up for you" He says. 

"Oh.. Um, yeah I'm used to it" I shrug it off as If it isn't a big deal. 

The three girls seemed to be gossiping and Luke and Biker stood beside them. Sebastian looked between Joseph and I before he stormed off, slamming the door of the corridor behind him.

Joseph looked at Sebastian's retreating figure before he looked back at me. 

"I'm sorry for his behaviour" He apologised before they all chase after him. 

I'm left stood by my locker, confused and chocked. 

What the heck just happened?