Chapter XXXIX

♡ Read Author's Note at the end of the story ♡ 

"You wanna watch a movie with me?" My mom asked me, grabbing the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table as she puts her feet up on the coffee table. She grabbed a handful of popcorn and started munching on it as if she hadn't eaten dinner at all.

"Uh, no thanks. Good night," I said and she nodded her head as she continues to munch on the popcorn. I went upstairs to my bedroom to do some research about Cayden's life.

I know that I might be intruding—well actually I am intruding, really—but I'm just really curious about what's going on about his life and I know I shouldn't be doing this out of notice and at his back. I grabbed my laptop from my working table and walked towards my bed.

I sat on my bed, crossed leg as I open my laptop. I opened my browser and typed Facebook in the search box. I logged into my account and typed his name on the search box, popping out hundreds of users named Cayden Anderson.

Every time I go to bed or every time I do something or talk to myself inside my head, there's this moment where I question myself, why did Cayden kiss me? and what does the kiss mean to him? I don't want to be jumping to conclusions and maybe, it means nothing to him since he has kissed lots of girls. It's probably natural for him.

I scrolled down for a good 2 minutes and saw his profile. I clicked on it and started scrolling down his facebook feed. He has lots of pictures of his mom and sister and a lot of pictures of him and his family, together in one picture.

I clicked on a photo of where his mom seems to be holding his younger brother, Cayden's dad sitting beside his mom, Cayden's sister standing beside their father and him standing beside their mom. She looks beautiful, even her sister looks beautiful.

Good genes run in the family and I swear this family looks stunning and the picture screams pure perfection as if being ugly is not allowed. I was startled when I heard a loud ding popped on my laptop screen and saw a message from Amelia.

Amelia Ryder: Hey, wanna go out?

Hailey Jones: I'll check first.

Amelia Ryder set your nickname to Salt

Amelia Ryder set her nickname to Pepper

Salt: What's with the nickname? and why is my nickname Salt?

Pepper: Because you act salty towards Cayden.

I actually changed, to be honest. I am not acting salty or moody towards Cayden anymore. I know it was a dumb thing for me to be irritated or angry all the time towards him for no reason when he acts friendly towards me.

But, it's weird. Cayden's known to be the most badass and notorious bad boy in our school. I guess he changed as well, but what exactly did change his attitude? His sister, maybe?

Salt: Where are we heading any—

I stopped typing when I heard another ding as a new notification popped out on my facebook. I click on the friend requests and I saw Cayden accepted my friend request, I was a bit confused for a second.

I didn't even send him a friend request. I scrolled up his facebook feed and I'm back at the beginning of his profile, changing the status into Friends. I must've accidentally clicked add friend, I'm so careless.

Pepper: So, are you going with me or what? I'm planning on grabbing midnight snacks with Noah.

Salt: Nah, I don't wanna ruin your late night date. I'd rather stay here.