III.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | III.
"I NEED YOU"
(' MHYSA ')

They were still waiting for Daario, Grey Worm, and Jorah to return

They were still waiting for Daario, Grey Worm, and Jorah to return. Alysanne found that Missandei made excellent company and spent most of the passing time speaking with her. They sat cross legged in Daenerys tent, occasionally watching as she paced about, but they were more focused on their own conversations

"There was always this sense of discomfort growing up in Winterfell since my mother didn't like my half-brother Jon," Alysanne told her.

Missandei's eyebrows furrowed, "Why not?"

"He was a bastard."

"Bastard?" Missandei questioned.

Alysanne looked at her confused, "You know, a child born from outside of wedlock?"

"There's no marriage where I come from," Missandei told her, "So bastards are just children," Alysanne leaned back and laughed, earning a glare from a pacing Daenerys.

"That would have made my life so easier," Alysanne told her.

"Not having bastards?"

"No," Alysanne said, "Not having marriage."

Alysanne watched as Missandei unconsciously leaned closer, "Is that why you left? Because of a marriage?"

"You can say that," Eager to change the subject, Alysanne asks "So you speak Nineteen languages?" Missandei nods, a small smile on her face. "Is it possible for someone to contain that much knowledge?"

Missandei laughed, "It is."

"My sister and I tried to learn Valyrian. It didn't go so well," Alysanne said as she thought back to when she and Sansa tried to teach themselves High Valyrian. Sansa gave up after one day, but Alysanne worked at a little more, five days to be exact.

Alysanne didn't miss the way the translator's eyes lit up, "I can teach you."

"Really?" Alysanne asked, "I don't want to be a bother."

"It would be my pleasure," Missandei told her.

"Thank you," Alysanne told her, "Ao sagon gevie."

Missandei smiled at Alysanne, her cheeks flushing slightly, "Do you know what you just said?"

Alysanne bit her lip as a smile was growing and shook her head, "Not truly, I've just heard it used before."

"It means 'you're beautiful," Missandei told her. Alysanne chuckled as she dropped her gaze. The truth was that she knew a few phrases in High Valyrian, that being one of them. 

"I know," she said, winking subtlety. Missandei's cheeks grew darker than Alysanne knew was humanly capable.

"How long does it take to sack a city?" Daenerys muttered under her breath. Alysanne looked at the young queen and noticed the frustration, and the hidden worry.