XXXIII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXXIII.
"RUN BACK TO THE NORTH"
( 'LOVE AND HATE' )

"We've lost a lot of our men," Randyll Tarly said as he glanced at the map, "Most of them died defending Moat Cailin

"We've lost a lot of our men," Randyll Tarly said as he glanced at the map, "Most of them died defending Moat Cailin."

"The same goes for us," Yara Greyjoy speaks, "But we still have our ships. We can transport the remaining troops to King's Landing."

"We lost most of the Dothraki and Unsullied in Winterfell," Jorah states with a sigh, "This makes the everything oddly even. Our ground forces are weaker than Cersei's, but we do have three full-grown dragons."

Daenerys sighed at Jorah's words, "Drogon is still weak. I don't want him going into battle yet."

"Not to mention my sister has created a weapon for your dragons," Jaime voices from the corner of the room, "The dragons are all at risk as well."

"Then you should wait to take King's Landing," Sansa offered. Everyone in the room turned to look at her, Daenerys included. The eyes on Sansa meant nothing as she continued speaking, "We could starve Cersei out. Make a blockade, but we don't engage her in full combat."

"That would just egg Cersei on," Jaime voiced, "She knows she has the forces. A blockade would only make her send the Golden Company out to engage in combat."

"But if we lure her out, then we can use the dragons," Alysanne states looking at the map, "Cersei is either banking on the fact that Daenerys will use the dragons on the city or that she'll send in weakened ground forces. You've said that your sister is impulsive. If we set up the blockade, she'll grow impatient, send her troops away from the city and away from her weapons for the dragons."

Alysanne looked over to Daenerys who had a small smile on her face. Daenerys looked to the rest of the council. Randyll Tarly seemed impressed with the idea, nodding his head in agreement.

"It could work," Randyll stated, looking at Alysanne, "How would you prevent her from firing on her own troops?"

"We'd have a signal for retreat," Alysanne told him, "We could use a horn."

"Our troops are still tired from the battle with the White Walkers," Sansa spoke, "We should wait at least a fortnight until we march for King's Landing."

"I would be happy to house the troops until you march," Robin told Daenerys, earning a thankful nod from the Dragon Queen.

"I will return to Dragonstone," Daenerys stated, "The Unsullied will sail with Yara and the rest of the Greyjoy fleets. There is still the threat of Euron Greyjoy. We cannot forget the battle of the seas."

"The Redwyne fleets will join you in Dragonstone," Randyll stated.

"As will the Manderly fleets," Jon told her.

"With the Redwyne and Manderly fleets, the numbers become pretty even," Yara stated with a grin as she looked over at Daenerys, "Seems you're drawing closer to your Iron Chair."