XLI.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XLI.
"SISTER WIVES?"
( 'THE RED PRIESTESS' )

It pained Alysanne to see her home like this

It pained Alysanne to see her home like this. Winterfell had been destroyed in the conflict with the Night King and though it was being repaired, Alysanne knew she would never see it restored to its former glory.

When Sansa saw the party arriving, a smile came over her face immediately as she rushed to embrace Arya and Alysanne. The sisters hugged in the middle of the courtyard, silent tears falling down their cheeks.

Daenerys and Lyarra watched the reunion from a far. There was a smile of each of their faces, but it didn't meet their eyes.

"I envy Alysanne," Daenerys says softly, keeping her eyes on the Stark sisters, "My brother, he never looked at me with the slightest hint of adoration."

"I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but there are many people that adore you," Lyarra tells her, glancing at Daenerys.

Daenerys rolls her eyes, "I know that. It's just – family. I've always wanted that."

Lyarra can't help the laugh that escapes her as she places a hand on Daenerys's shoulder, "You have a family. Alysanne, Alyssa, Rhaella, Missandei, Jorah. They're your family."

Daenerys looks at her with curious violet eyes, "And what about you?"

"What about me?" Lyarra questions, "Do you want to be sister wives?"

Daenerys laughs softly, "Sister wives? What do you have plans on marrying Alysanne?"

"Maybe," Lyarra teases, "You, me, Alysanne. How's that sound?"

"Tempting," Daenerys deadpans, "Except I don't like to share."

Lyarra pulls a pout and her hand slips off of Daenerys's shoulder, "Pity."

Daenerys smiles and lets out a sigh as she looks at Lyarra again, "I never thought I'd say this but I've come to value your friendship Lyarra."

"Friendship? That's very presumptuous of you, my Queen. We haven't even exchanged secrets yet," Lyarra teases again. Daenerys rolls her eyes but laughs along with her. Lyarra's eyes drift back to the Stark girls, "I too have come to value your friendship. Who would have thought, a Targaryen and a Baratheon. Allies."

"I'm sure our fathers are rolling in their graves as we speak," Lyarra says with a smile.

Alysanne approaches the two, "My sister tells me that the red priestess Melisandre has been residing here. She says she's spoken to you Daenerys."

"She did. When I first arrived in Dragonstone. She told me about your brother. That he needed me," Daenerys says looking over at Lyarra, "Is it possible that she can help us?"

"She knows all about prophecies," Alysanne says, "She's our best hope with this situation."

"Then let's meet her," Lyarra says, "Where is she?"