XXIX.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXIX.
"I TOLD YOU HISTORY WOULD REPEAT ITSELF"
( 'THE LAST TARGARYENS' )

 "I TOLD YOU HISTORY WOULD REPEAT ITSELF"( 'THE LAST TARGARYENS' )

"I hear that you're leading the defense at Moat Cailin."

Alysanne looks up from the map and sees Jaime Lannister standing before her. She glances back at the map, "Not Moat Cailin. My brother."

"You know about what I did," Jaime says.

Alysanne nodded, "I do."

"I wanted to apologize," Jaime tells her, glancing nervously at his feet, "I already spoke to Bran, but I wanted to tell you as well, I'm not that man anymore."

"Is that all you came to say?" Alysanne asks as she glances up from the map, "Because I have work to do."

"I wanted to ask for permission to defend Bran at Moat Cailin," Jaime tells her, "It was my fault he fell from that window. Allow me to redeem myself by defending him."

Alysanne wants to say no, but if Brienne is able to trust in Jaime Lannister, then maybe she could as well. It would also allow her to keep a watchful eye over Jaime.

"Very well," Alysanne tells him.

"Thank you," Jaime says. He turns to leave the room but pauses by the doorway. He turns and looks back at Alysanne, "You know none of us thought that you'd ever live once you ran away. We thought you'd get mauled by a bear or killed by some raiders. But you lived. You became allies with the last Targaryen. You're brave Alysanne Stark. Foolish, maybe, but brave."

Alysanne can't help but smile at the compliment, "And there may still be a chance at honor for you, Ser Jaime Lannister."

Jaime offers her a smile before leaving the war room, Alysanne moves the pieces on the map placing them in their final locations before sighing. She had no idea what the threat was. She didn't know what the Night King could do. It could just be a suicide mission just defending her brother.

"Alysanne," she heard Jon say softly, "May I come in?"

"Of course," Alysanne said softly. It was the first time that they were alone since Jon had returned from Dragonstone. She had been angry with him, furious, but she no longer felt that way. Daenerys was not in love with him and Alysanne was just confused about everything.

Jon stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. He seemed unsure about where to stand, so he stood on the opposite side of the table where Alysanne was

"We haven't really had time to talk," Jon states.

"Things have been busy here," Alysanne says softly, feeling guilty of her treatment of her Jon.

"You look different. Your hair is shorter," Jon notes.

"I cut it after I left," Alysanne tells him, her eyes dancing over Jon, "You have a scar on your eye."