XXX.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXX.
"THE PACK SURVIVES"
( 'THE LONE WOLF' )

It had been a week at Moat Cailin, and there was still no sign of a retreat from Winterfell

It had been a week at Moat Cailin, and there was still no sign of a retreat from Winterfell. Bran had been commentating the entire fight to them, telling them that there had been no sign of the Night King, but Daenerys's dragons were doing a great deal of damage to the undead.

Despite the fact that Alysanne and Daenerys were certainly not on good terms, she still kept her promise and sent Viserion south. The dragon had flew overhead, almost as if keeping watch.

Alysanne sighed as she walked through the castle, "Are there archers on duty?" she asked Theon.

He nodded, "No sight of wights or the other dragons."

Alysanne let out a breath, "Good. Or terrible."

Arya let out a small laugh as she flipped the Valyrian steel dagger Bran had given her.

"They're actually holding against them," Bran said, "Daenerys's dragons are doing a great job of reducing the threat."

"Good for her," Arya said, looking up at Viserion who was resting on one of the destroyed towers.

"This is the worst part," Jaime said as he sat at one of the stone piles, "Waiting."

"There's activity!" one of the archers shouted, "A girl!"

Alysanne looked at Bran who had a smile on his face, "It's Meera!"

"Who's Meera?" Arya asked.

"A friend," Bran told them, "She's the daughter of Howland Reed. We traveled together beyond the wall."

Alysanne looked up at the archers, "Allow her in."

The gates of Moat Cailin opened and the girl, Meera Reed entered. She had short brown hair and she was pretty short in comparison to Alysanne. It was hard for Alysanne to believe that she had protected Bran beyond the wall, but then again looks could be deceiving.

She greeted Alysanne with a smile, "You're Alysanne Stark?"

"I am," she responded, "And you're Meera Reed?"

"Yes. My father went North to fight at Winterfell. I decided to come here. To defend Bran," Meera told her proudly and Alysanne smiled at that.

"Shall I take you to him?" Alysanne was going to lead her through the castle, but Arya and Bran were already there.

"Meera," Bran said with more emotion than Alsyanne had heard in his voice in a while, "It's great to see you."

Meera smiled and went to embrace Bran, "It's good to see you as well."

Alysanne shared a look with Arya, who had a smile on her face, "We'll just leave you two to catch up then."

They headed back into the main courtyard where most of the party was waiting. Alysanne took a seat beside Lyarra who was staring silently at the vast marsh before them. There was a sad smile on her face as she looked over at Alysanne.