IV.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS. | IV.
"YOU ARE SO UNAWARE"
(' HOME ')

"Rytsas Brōzio ñuha iksis Alysanne

"Rytsas Brōzio ñuha iksis Alysanne."

"Good," Missandei spoke with a smile. "Your pronunciation is great."

Alysanne laughed, "Thank you. You've been an excellent teacher."

Missandei smiled bashfully and lowered her head. Alysanne found the scene endearing. Missandei was so kind, she didn't seem to have a mean bone in her body. It was strange, she had never met anyone like her.

"Have you ever wished anything bad upon someone?" Alysanne asked. The question came out rash and blunt, certainly not the way she intended. "I'm sorry that came out rude and strange."

Missandei shook her head with a chuckle, "You're fine, Alysanne."

Alysanne leaned forward in her cross-legged position, "It's just that you're the kindest person I've ever met."

Missandei glanced up in thought, "Well once I wished for my master to trip down the stairs."

Alysanne smiled, "Really?"

Missandei nodded proudly, "I watched as he took every step. Tragically he was okay."

Alysanne was laughing now, and Missandei was laughing with her.

"What are you two doing?" Alysanne and Missandei stopped laughing and swiftly moved to their feet as they bowed before Daenerys.

"Your Grace," Missandei said as she lifted her head, "I was helping Alysanne with her High Valyrian."

Daenerys looked at Alysanne expectantly.

"Ziry's iā rōvēgrior teacher," Alysanne spoke smugly. She enjoyed watching as Daenerys eyes widened, slightly impressed. She turned to Missandei and smiled fondly. "She's an excellent teacher," she repeated in the common tongue.

Missandei met Alysanne's gaze and smiled sheepishly, "You're easy to teach."

Daenerys's eyebrows furrowed as she glanced at the two of them, "Alysanne, I need your assistance."

Alysanne's eyes shifted to Daenerys and she nodded. Offering Missandei one last smile, she followed Daenerys.

"What was that?" Daenerys asked as they walked.

Alysanne glanced at her confused, "What was what?"

Daenerys stopped walking and looked at Alysanne, "She's an excellent teacher."

Alysanne rolled her eyes at the queen's mocking tone, "Missandei is really nice. Once you've been around people in Westeros, her personality is quite refreshing."

Daenerys didn't speak, but watched her instead. Alysanne glanced down and kicked a stray pebble. She was embarrassed because Daenerys had brought it to her attention. She liked Missandei. She liked being around her, and she liked when she laughed. But did she like her?