XXXIX.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXXIX.
"THE THRONE IS YOURS"
( 'ALYSANNE'S DISCOVERY' )

"THE THRONE IS YOURS" ( 'ALYSANNE'S DISCOVERY' )

The moment comes for Alysanne and Jon to fight. Her stomach was in knots, knowing there was no way she could defeat Jon in combat. There was a chance her brother was going to kill her and Alysanne couldn't say she was surprised after the display he put on in the Dragon Pit the previous day.

"Nervous?" Daenerys asked her as she stared out at the pit.

"Is it obvious?" Alysanne asks softly, trying to smile, but it not quite meeting her eyes. Daenerys smiles at her nodding her head.

"Your hands are shaking," she says, placing her hand over Alysanne's. She looks up at her, violet eyes shining with hope, "It's going to be okay."

"I won't be able to defeat him in straight combat," Alysanne tells Daenerys, though she's certain the other woman already knows.

"Then outsmart him," Daenerys tells her, "You can outthink him. You don't need to predict his moves to do that."

Alysanne nods her head, "Okay."

"Everything is going to be fine," Daenerys tells her, standing on her toes and placing a kiss on Alysanne's lips, "I promise."

"But if it isn't-"

"Then I'll go to Meereen," Daenerys told her, "But there isn't going to be any need for that."

Alysanne doesn't get a chance to respond as Lyarra rushes into the room, throwing the door open. She swallows as she looks between the two of them.

"It's time," she says, "They're waiting in the pit."

Alysanne takes a deep breath and looks at Lyarra, "My sisters-"

"Don't worry about them," Lyarra tells her, "If anything happens to you, I'll protect them. Daenerys too."

"I'll protect Lyarra too since you know, I have three full-grown dragons," Daenerys voices, causing the other two girls in the room to laugh as well. It made Alysanne's body relax considerably, it was only then she realized how tense she had been.

Alysanne takes a deep breath, "I guess it's time."

She walks toward the pit, Grey Worm and Jorah escorting her with Lyarra and Daenerys not trailing too far behind. The leaders of the great houses were in the pit, along with her younger sister. Arya forced a smile as she saw Alysanne, but she could see the fear in her sister's eyes.

Jon stood at the center of the pit, his back straight. His grey eyes staring at her, lacking any emotion. Alysanne made her way to the center of the pit and stood directly in front of her brother.

"I thought you weren't going to show," Jon said.

"I'm a woman of my word," Alysanne tells him.

Jon smiles and nods his head, "Yes, because you choose now to be a Stark."