XLIII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XLIII.
"SANSA IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH YOU"
( 'THE CURE' )

The next morning, Benjen leads them to the cave, which isn't too far from where they had set up camp

The next morning, Benjen leads them to the cave, which isn't too far from where they had set up camp. They're greeted by four of the Children which stand to Alysanne's waist. She had never seen anything like them before in her life, so she attempted to mask her surprise.

They're led through a tunnel of cave systems before they're stopped in the center of the cave, light peering through a gaping hole of the ceiling. Alysanne glances through it, able to see the sun shining down directly into the cave.

"You're Alysanne Stark," one of them states, "We've been waiting for you."

"Have you?" Alysanne asks surprised.

She nods, "You are the one That Was Promised. You are also the key to saving your brother."

"I am?" Alysanne asks, her heart dropping to her stomach, was she the one that had to sacrifice herself in order to save Jon?

"Yes," she tells her, "As a descendent of the First Men, there is magic in your blood, but I'm sure you're already aware of that."

Alysanne nods, "That's why most of the Three-Eyed Ravens have been Starks. Because of their Warging abilities."

"Yes, the First Men and the Valyrians have the most magic in their blood. That is why Jon was so susceptible to an attack from the Night King, he was of the First Men and a Valyrian."

"So how do we get the Night King out?" Alysanne wonders, glancing at Lyarra who is observing the cave walls.

One of the children walks up to her and hands her dagger made from dragonglass. Alysanne looks at it, flipping it over, expecting it to be different from the other dragonglass weapons she had seen.

"This is regular dragonglass," Alysanne says.

"Silly child," one of the Children tells her, "It is not just any dragonglass, but the same glass that was used to create the Night King. The glass was also used to save your Uncle."

Alysanne looks at the dagger again and then back at the Children, "So I stab him in the heart with this and he'll be fine?"

"There's one more step," she's told, "In order for the magic to activate, your blood must be on the dagger."

"Magic of First Men and Old Valyria," Alysanne whispers to herself. Her blood and the dragonglass blade from all those years ago were the keys to saving her brother, and in turn, no one had to die. Jon and Daenerys could both walk away with their lives.

"Thank you so much," Alysanne told them.

"No need to thank us," one of them told her, "You saved all of us. It's the least we could do for helping with the monster we created."