XI.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XI.
"WHY CAN'T I BE BOTH?"
(' THE MORNING AFTER ')

Alysanne had been awake for a while now, but she hadn't moved

Alysanne had been awake for a while now, but she hadn't moved. She could feel Daenerys's eyes on her, watching her silently. Alysanne couldn't fight it any more as a smile came on her face.

"Stop staring at me," Alysanne said softly.

"How long have you been awake?" Daenerys asked, her voice coming out raspy.

Alysanne opens her eyes and turns to her right. Daenerys has her head propped up on her hand as she lays on her side. Her long silver hair flows around her shoulders, and Alysanne believes she has never seen Daenerys look more beautiful than when she first wakes up.

"Long enough," Alysanne says with a smile.

Daenerys rolls her eyes, but stares at the Stark girl fondly, "Are you really here? In my bed?"

"Nope," Alysanne closing her eyes again. She turns over so that her back is facing Daenerys, "This is all a dream and you're going to wake up and I'll be gone."

"Oh really?" Daenerys said. It wasn't even seconds before Daenerys wrapped her arm around Alysanne's waist, snuggling into her. She places her head on the Stark girl's chest, who places her chin on Daenerys's head in response. Unconsciously, Alysanne holds Daenerys tight, as if she might lose her.

They remain like that, unmoving and silent. And Alysanne swears that it's absolute bliss. Then there is a knock at the door and Alysanne remembers that they have roles to play, that every day, every moment won't be like this.

She untangles herself from Daenerys who protests with a soft groan.

"Just a little longer?" Daenerys pleads, grabbing Alysanne's hand. She can't stop herself as her eyes drop to their entangled fingers. She looks back up at Daenerys who's smiling lazily at Alysanne, like she knows she has her trapped.

The knocking on the door intensified and Daenerys groans, but Alysanne can't help but to laugh.

"Guess there's your answer," Alysanne winks before walking toward the door, opening it to reveal Ser Barristan. When he sees Alysanne, a frown forms on his lips.

"Where is she?" the knight asks, his voice firm.

"She's getting ready," Alysanne tells him. Mentally, she was prepping herself for a scolding. However, Barristan surprised Alysanne, when he didn't lecture her, and instead just sighed, sounding defeated.

"Make sure she makes it to the throne room," Barristan told her before heading down the hall. Confused, Alysanne closed the door.

"Who was it?" Daenerys asked, sitting up in the bed.

"Barristan. He commanded me to make sure you got to the throne room, which means you have to get out of bed," Alysanne told Daenerys with a smile.