V.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | V.
"STAY."
(' DECISIONS ')

Alysanne knew what she had to do

She had to go home.

She didn't know where her other siblings were, but she might be their only hope. She had to at least try to save her family. Robb had started a war and was betrayed by his own men in the end, Alysanne wouldn't make the same mistake, she'd succeed in her task.

The first person she told of her decision was Barristan. She had been hoping he'd give her some wisdom, tell her she was doing the right thing,

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" he had asked her.

Alysanne nodded, "I have to at least try or it will haunt me."

"I understand," Barristan told her, "But you have you thought of what you'll do when you get there? How will you get allies? You're a girl from a scorned family."

She sighed, "I'm aware of that, but what do I have to lose?"

"Your life," Barristan shook his head, "You are a talented fighter Alysanne, but you are no politician. You alone cannot get allies."

Alysanne grew agitated, her hand flying to the hilt of her sword, "What would you have me do then?"

Barristan reached out and laid a hand on her shoulder, holding her gaze, "You need to be patient."

"And wait for what? Daenerys to take King's Landing? She wants to stay here! She wants to rule Meereen! I'm sorry, but my sister is a hostage in King's Landing!" Alysanne inhales sharply, stepping away from Barristan's reach, "I can't fail her again."

Alysanne watches as Barristan frowns and it tells her that she knows what she did.

"Alysanne it wasn't your fault," he tells her softly, but Alysanne doesn't believe him, because she knows it's her fault. No one can clear her of her guilt, except for her younger sister.

"I have to go. I'll tell Daenerys in the morning," is what she says to solidify her decision. Army or no army, support or no support, Alysanne was going to save her family.

___

"Well if I wasn't helping Daenerys, I would back your cause," Daario tells her as he hands her a drink. She laughs and Daario's words offer her some comfort.

"Thanks," she says taking a sip, "I just don't know how to tell Daenerys."

Daario shrugs, "There are multiple ways. Write a letter, have someone else tell her, or get her in bed and tell her as-"

"Okay that's enough," Alysanne says, her cheeks slightly tinting pink.

Daario lets out a loud laugh, "Come on Alysanne, you can't tell me you haven't thought of it?"