XIV.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XIV.
"I'M NOT JEALOUS"
( 'THE TRUTH' )

The rest of the walk back to the pyramid was oddly silent

The rest of the walk back to the pyramid was oddly silent. Alysanne didn't know what to do. She wanted to be with Daenerys more than anything in the world, but it would never work. She had been stupid to allow herself to indulge in Daenerys.

Jorah and Tyrion stood before Daenerys, awaiting judgment, but Alysanne cared little for what they had to say. She wanted to kill them both. Tyrion because of the crimes of his family. There was no way that the other Lannisters would care what happened to him, but it would make Alysanne feel much better. Jorah had betrayed Daenerys once, what was stopping him from doing it again? Alysanne thought driving a sword into his chest was a great start.

"I wanted to-"

"Don't speak," Daenerys interrupted. Her eyes went to the dwarf standing before her, "If you are Tyrion Lannister, why shouldn't I kill you to repay your family back for what they did to mine?"

"II killed my mother, Joanna Lannister, the day I was born. I killed my father, Tywin Lannister, with a bolt to the heart. I'm the greatest Lannister killer of all time," Tyrion answered.

"So I should welcome you into my service because you murdered members of your own family?" Daenerys asked sarcastically.

"Into your service? Your Grace, we've only just met," Tyrion replied, causing Alysanne to roll her eyes.

"Why are you worth meeting?" Daenerys asked.

"Because you cannot build a better land alone. You have no one at you side who understands the world you want to rule," was Tyrion's reply. Alysanne's eyes narrowed as she took offence to the words. She had grown up in Westeros, she had learned which house to trust and which to not.

"That is where you're wrong," Daenerys replied, "I have Ser Barristan and Alysanne Stark to help guide me."

Yes," Tyrion said, "A warrior and a girl that ran away from home."

Alysanne bit her tongue, not wanting to overstep her bounds on whatever Daenerys had to say. She saw, however, as Daenerys grew annoyed at the comment.

"Their counsel has served me well," Daenerys answered evenly, "Besides I have an army and dragons."

"I have experience then," Tyrion tried, "I served as Hand of the King to someone that preferred torturing animals and did quite well with it. Imagine what I could do with ruler worthy of the name."

"So, you want to advise me? Very well," Daenerys looks over at Jorah, "Then what would you have me do with him?"

"Ser Jorah is not the same man as he was when he came into your services. I've never seen anyone devoted to anything as he is devoted to serving you. He claims he would kill for you and die for you. I've seen no reason to doubt him, yet he did betray you."