XXVI.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXVI.
"PAST TENSE"
( 'WINTERFELL' )

The Queen's party was arriving in Winterfell and Alysanne Stark was nowhere to be found

The Queen's party was arriving in Winterfell and Alysanne Stark was nowhere to be found. She couldn't face Daenerys, not after everything she had learned, and certainly not after she left her in Dragonstone with thoughts of never seeing her again.

Now Daenerys was coming to her home.

Alysanne placed her hand on the tree. Bran was the Three-Eyed Raven, so he could control what he saw, but Alysanne wanted to see if she could as well with the aid of the Weirwood tree.

Winterfell, she thought.

The pounding of hooves shook the ground as three horses ran through the woods. A white mare led the other two through the maze of branches and leaves. A girl laughed as the wind blew through her hair. She felt wild, free.

"Alysanne slow down!" a voice yelled from behind her. The girl laughed and sped up, avoiding branches on her way. When she reached a large empty field, she slowed and hopped off her horse, grabbing the reigns.

Seconds later, two boys arrived on horseback. Alysanne grinned up at the two boys.

"That's another win for me," she spoke as they dismounted.

"I swear you're cheating," her older brother, Robb, spoke. Alysanne and her brother did not look anything like each other. Robb favored their mother while Alysanne had her father's looks. They may not have looked alike, but Robb and Alysanne had the same personality, through and through.

Alysanne scoffed, "How many times do I have to best you until you admit that I'm the better rider, even Jon agrees, right Jon?" she looked over at her half-brother. Jon silently nodded in agreement.

"It is true Stark, Alys has been a better rider for years."

Alysanne grinned, "And that is why Jon is my favorite brother," she walked over and roughed her brother's hair. Jon scowled and swatted at his sister's hands. Robb watched the scene with a small smile.

"You better not tell Rickon that," Robb said with a chuckle.

The three of them sat in the grass, enjoying the little sunshine that they received. The North was a cold and dreary place, but it was their home. They loved days when the sun would peek out and the temperature would warm up, just enough for them to go riding without fearing that their toes would be cut off.

"Why do you think the King is coming?" Alysanne asked her brothers. Jon shrugged, not being a true Stark, he didn't really care.

"I heard mother and father speaking about the death of Jon Arryn. Maybe he's come to ask father to be his hand," Robb offered.