XXVII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXVII.
"THEN I ENVY THE DEAD"
( 'WINTER IS HERE' )

Alysanne doesn't leave her room for several days

Alysanne doesn't leave her room for several days. She lies and tells her sisters that she's sick, but neither of them believes her. Bran doesn't bother her to practice warging. Sansa keeps Jon away, knowing the true reason for her sister hiding in her chambers.

After three days locked in her room, a knock comes, surprising Alysanne. She ready to shout at the person, tell them to go away, but she hears the soft voice of Lyarra.

"Alysanne, it's me."

Alysanne stares at the door. She doesn't want to open it, but she's tired of being alone. She wants someone to talk to and she trusted Lyarra. Time and time again she showed that her true loyalties lied with Alysanne. Not her house or her family, but just Alysanne.

Slowly, she got up from her bed and opened the door. Lyarra stood there, a sympathetic smile on her lips. Alysanne stepped to the side and allowed Lyarra into her room. She closes the door behind her and watches as Lyarra takes a seat on her bed. Alysanne joins her and they lapse into a comfortable silence.

"Alysanne do you trust me?" Lyarra asked her softly.

"Yes," Alysanne said immediately.

Lyarra nodded, "Good because I only want the best for you."

Alysanne unconsciously straightens her posture, looking at Lyarra, "Has something happened?"

"No," Lyarra says, "But I need you to know that Daenerys loves you."

Alysanne scoffs, "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I've seen things and there's a reason she's being the way that she is," Lyarra tells her, "I need you to trust me on this."

"She chose Jon," Alysanne told her, "She chose him."

"She made a mistake," Lyarra told her, "And she will suffer the consequences for it, but when they come, she'll need you."

"I'm done," Alysanne tells Lyarra, "I want nothing to do with her."

Lyarra sighs, growing frustrated, "Alysanne, listen to me. I have only your best interest at heart. Not Jon. Not Daenerys. You. And I know that you won't be able to live with yourself if you push her away forever."

"I'm used to living with regrets," Alysanne says bluntly, "Daenerys will be no different."

Lyarra opens her mouth to argue but quickly closes it, knowing that she cannot change Alysanne's mind. Instead, she settles on saying, "I've missed you. Court has been quite boring without you."

That brings a small smile on Alysanne's lips, "You missed me?"

"Seems as though I have come to enjoy your company," Lyarra mutters.