VIII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | VIII.
"I COULD GET BURNED ALIVE!"
(' THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS ')

Alysanne took to patrolling the streets of Mereen while Daenerys listened to the grievances of her people

Alysanne took to patrolling the streets of Mereen while Daenerys listened to the grievances of her people. Alysanne had little patience and was unable to stand by her side, also Daenerys wasn't speaking to her, so she found it best to not be in her presence.

"Alysanne," she turned to see Daario approaching her, a letter in hand, "This is for you."

She had grown to dislike letters. The first of her brother and mother's death, the second of Jorah's betrayal. She wondered what this on would contain. Maybe the death of her sisters or her remaining brothers.

She took it from him and stared at it. The first thing she noticed was the seal from the Eyrie, her aunt's seal. Curiosity got the best of her and Alysanne couldn't help but to open the letter. She felt her heart nearly thud out of her chest at Sansa's beautiful handwriting.

Her sister had heard of her being with Daenerys while in King's Landing, probably from Cersei. She wrote of her escape from King's Landing and how she was staying with their aunt. She told her that she hadn't heard any word about Arya, but they both knew that she was alive somewhere.

Alysanne smiled at the letter. At least one of her siblings was safe.

"Good news?" Daario asked her, a smile on his face.

"It's my sister," Alysanne said, her eyes reading over the letter again, "She's alive and safe."

"That's wonderful news," Daario said cheerfully.

"It really is," Alysanne's grin widen, "I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest, like I can breathe."

Daario chuckled, "Well it is certainly visible on your face."

She laughed, "I just feel relief."

"You should go and celebrate," Daario tells her, "Grab a drink or something."

"You're right," Alysanne says, "I think I'm going to grab a drink with Barristan."

Alysanne turns to walk off, hearing Daario exclaim, "Come on Alys! I was the one who brought you the letter!"

___

"No word of Drogon?" she hears Daenerys ask as she enters the room.

"Why are we looking for Drogon?" she questions, her face filled with concern. Daenerys looks at her, and can't help but to frown.

"If you had been there today, you'd know Drogon burnt a little girl to death," she says softly, "The dragons can no longer fly freely."

"Your Grace," Alysanne says, but the queen shakes her head.

"They are a danger to all of us, and I will not allow anyone else to suffer because of them," she then turns to Grey Worm, "Meet me in the catacombs."