XII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XII.
"WHO SAID YOU WERE MY MISTRESS?"
( 'MOMENTS' )

"Do you know about the Dance of Dragons?" Alysanne asked sitting cross legged on Daenerys's bed

"Do you know about the Dance of Dragons?" Alysanne asked sitting cross legged on Daenerys's bed. The young queen should have been having an audience with the people of Meereen, but with the recent riots everyone thought it best if Daenerys took some time to herself, which alternatively meant time with Alysanne.

"Viserys used to tell me the story," Daenerys responded, "Targaryen fought Targaryen. Dragon fought dragon. The beginning of the end for my family."

"That's how historians see it," Alysanne said, "It was also a war that divided Westeros."

Daenerys let out a laugh, "Where are you going with this?"

"I honestly don't know," Alysanne answered, "I was just trying to make conversation."

Daenerys smiled at Alysanne, "Well there are plenty of other things to talk about."

"Oh really?" Alysanne asked, a smirk growing on her lips, "Like what?"

Daenerys leaned forward a sly smile on her lips, "Like did you enjoy Florian and Jonquil when you were younger?"

Alysanne rolls her eyes, but grins. Daenerys sits cross legged across from her with giggles falling from her lips. Alysanne thought their conversation was going in a completely different direction, but she didn't mind the question.

"No," Alysanne answered truthfully, "I hated the story. My younger sister Sansa would always request it and it drove me mad."

"I thought you were the helpless romantic?" Daenerys asked.

"I am!" Alysanne exclaimed, "But the amount of times my sister wanted to hear it was abnormal. No one should request a story such as that so many times. I grew to hate it."

Daenerys's laughter died down, "I used to love it, or I think I did. Viserys would read it to me nights we had to sleep on the street."

Alysanne sighs, "Why did he change?"

Daenerys reached out and mindlessly played with Alysanne's fingers, "Why does anybody change? Power. He wanted to be king, needed it. The expectations of the Targaryen Dynasty fell on his shoulders."

"And now the expectations rest on your shoulders," Alysanne said softly, "Are you ready for that?"

"Why?" Daenerys wonders, "Do you not think I'm ready?"

Alysanne pauses searching for the right way to answer the question, "I think you're ready, but I also want to make sure that you're doing this for you and not because it's what's expected of you."

"What about you?" Daenerys asks, "Your brothers are gone. You and your sister are all that is left of House Stark. Winterfell and the North belong to you."