Epilogue

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XLIV.
"I'D RATHER END UP WITH YOU, DAENERYS"
( 'WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A STARK' )

"Mother!" a voice rings out as two masses fall on the bed with Daenerys and Alysanne, "Mother, you must wake!"

Daenerys groans as she rolls over, tugging the blanket over her head. Alysanne chuckles as she sits up staring at the twins. They smile at her as they continue their attempts to wake their mother.

"The dragons!" Alyssa exclaims, "They're hatching!"

"That isn't possible," Daenerys mutters, "There needs to be blood in order for the dragons to hatch."

Rhaella smiles and hold her hand up to show Alysanne. There was a bandage over it that had a red spot. Alyssa also held up her hand, showing a similar wound. Alysanne hides her face in her hands, knowing that this was entirely her fault.

"You know what," Alysanne says climbing out of bed, "How about you two show me the dragons and let your mother rest."

"Okay!" they exclaim in unison. They climb out of the bed and rush out of the room. Alysanne grabs her cloak as she follows them down the corridor to an empty room. Two dragon eggs sat over the fire, but they weren't hatching. Instead they sat there, like they always did.

"They don't look like they're hatching to me," Alysanne said as she looked at the pair of girls.

"So, they aren't hatching," Alyssa says, "We thought it would get her out of bed."

Alysanne chuckles as she tugs the girls into her arms, "And why do you want to wake your mother?"

"Because we're bored," Rhaella says, "We want to go somewhere!"

"We just got back from Highgarden," Alysanne says. They had visited old Olenna Tyrell who was getting older but made no show of it.

"I know," Alyssa says, "But we want to go North."

"To Winterfell!" Rhaella exclaims, "We want to see Aunt Arya and Aunt Sansa."

"You've seen them before," Alysanne teases them. Though she wasn't sure the twins recalled the visit. It had been nearly six years ago since they traveled North as a family, Alysanne usually made the journey alone.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, "We haven't seen in years. I want to see if there are direwolves, like Rhaenys!"

"And what use do you have for a direwolf?" Alysanne asks them, "I thought the two of you wanted a dragon?"

"Well Lyarra told us that the dragons may not hatch in our lifetime, so we decided we want direwolves," Rhaella says with a kind smile, "If you'll allow us."

"You girls are spoiled," Alysanne says.

"Because you spoil us," Alyssa tells her, "So? Can we go to Winterfell?"