XXII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XXII.
"I HEAR YOU RODE A DRAGON"
( 'THE LAST OF THE STARKS' )

"All right Rhaenys, let me in," Alysanne says as she stares at her direwolf

"All right Rhaenys, let me in," Alysanne says as she stares at her direwolf. Rhaenys whines and rests her head on her paws, relaxing in the cool winter breeze. Lyarra laughs from beside her and Alysanne pouts as she looks over at the other girl.

"That's not going to work," Lyarra says, "You need to be one with her."

"And how do I do that?" Alysanne asks.

Lyarra stands and extends a hand to Alysanne. She accepts and stands. She watches Lyarra expectantly. The woman standing across from her grabs a blade from her belt and throws it Alysanne, with wide eyes, the girl ducks and stares at Lyarra.

"This again?" Alysanne asked, "What happened to you not wanting to cause harm?"

"I'm helping you," Lyarra says, "You don't have a sword. You need Rhaenys to protect you."

Alysanne looks at her wolf simply laying there. Rhaenys wouldn't attack Lyarra, she knew Lyarra, trusted her. Alysanne looked back at Lyarra who had another blade in hand and was grinning at her mischievously.

"The wolf won't attack you," Alysanne says.

Lyarra laughs, "Shame. Guess you'll have to use her to do it."

Lyarra launches another blade at Alysanne and she sidesteps. Alysanne thinks she could stop Lyarra by charging at her, but Lyarra had a sword and she didn't. Alysanne looks at Rhaenys again. She needed her.

"Focus Alysanne," Lyarra says, throwing another blade. This time Alysanne doesn't move quick enough and her shoulder is cut. She winces, placing her hand over the wound. Lyarra stops what she's doing and rushes over to her.

"You were supposed to dodge it," Lyarra says, placing a hand over Alysanne's wound. In a quick motion, Alysanne grabs Lyarra's sword from her belt and presses it to Lyarra's throat.

"Got you," Alysanne says with a smile, "And I didn't even have to warg."

Lyarra laughs, "You cheated."

"You cut me," Alysanne responds, "Now I'm going to have to walk around with a scar on my shoulder."

"Scars aren't the worst thing to have," Lyarra says, "In fact, some might even say they show character."

Alysanne stares at Lyarra, pretty certain that she was being coy with her. Alysanne blinks and drops her gaze as she thinks of Daenerys. She loved her, she still loves her, and there is a chance that their paths may cross again if Jon could makes good on convincing her to come to Winterfell and fight against the undead.

Alysanne lowers the sword and takes a step back, "I don't think I perform well under pressure."

"You don't," Lyarra says bluntly, "But we'll practice more."