- 1 -

It's crazy how much your life can drastically change in a matter of years

It's crazy how much your life can drastically change in a matter of years. The choices and decisions I made in life definitely impacted the outcome of my situation today. I didn't have anyone to blame but myself. I dug this hole of ultimate misery for myself and had no choice but to dwell on it. I didn't know how to pull myself out of it but I was hoping one day I would find a way out.

There was so much activity that filled the park that I was sitting in but my eyes stayed focus on the only thing that matter to me. Her full head of curly hair darted around the park. Her freckles glistening in the sun with a smile wider than the moon. In that moment nothing else seemed to matter but her happiness. I was able to put all my feeling to the side because ultimately she was what mattered at the end of the day.

Her small arms reached for the baby swing in front of her but she could just barely reach it. I stood up from the bench I was sitting on and attempted to walk over to her. I was stopped in my tracks as I felt a hand placed on my shoulder.

"I got it. Relax." Tina said as she walked over to my daughter, picking her up and placing her in the baby swing. As she began to push her, she let out small giggles. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. She always brought out the best in me these days. She was my sanity, my serenity. The only thing that ever matters these days was her.

Krystal was her name. She was two and half years old and a spitting image of her father. She had an attitude like her mother but was goofy like her father. She was my world and I would do anything to protect her. I was forced to have her in a bathtub with help from Tina and some guy Dre considered a doctor. By the grace of God, she came out as a beautiful healthy baby girl.

Though she was an overall happy child, she did realize we weren't living in the best situation. Her guard was up at all times and she only fully trusted me. I rather it is that way because the hell we were living in became more unbearable by the day. I never knew what to expect next. It was mentally and physically draining. There was not a day that went by when I wanted to just give up. In order to snap myself back, in reality, I just needed to look at her little face. She was the only thing that motivated me to continue in life. If it wasn't for her I would have given up all hope.