- 43 -

Her infectious giggles echoing throughout the room causes the biggest smile to spread across my face and enough for my own laughter to follow suit

Her infectious giggles echoing throughout the room causes the biggest smile to spread across my face and enough for my own laughter to follow suit. Music played lowly on shuffle in the background from my Beats Pill as we sat on the bed bonding. The funny faces I was sending her way had her way too amused. I cross my eyes and stick out my tongue which sents her flying back on the bed cracking up. I've been really down in the dumps so to see Krystal laughing so hard put so much ease on my soul that I could help but to forget all of my problems momentarily. "Come here, silly girl." I giggle as I reach my arms out for her. She crawls from the end of the bed up to me into my hold. I hug my beautiful bundle of joy scattering kisses all over her face as she smiles. This tiny being had really changed my life in ways that I couldn't imagine. Ways that make me ten times better than I was before she opened up my world. I couldn't live without her.

"Mommy?" She says grabbing my face.

"What?" I look into her innocent eyes. I've already predicted what she was about to ask me.

"When Dada comin'?"

"If you ask me that one more time I'm gonna scream!" I say playfully as I tickle her belly obnoxiously. She goes into a fit of giggles placing a face wider smile on my face. "Here," I say grabbing my phone and unlocking it for her. "Text him and ask him," I say going to our text thread and handing her my phone. She starts to type a bunch of gibberish but I'm sure he'll get the picture. He always does. I lean back against the headboard and Krystal leans against me as she texts her father all types of nonsense; a combination of letter and words with no meaning whatsoever.

All I wanted was some normality in my life but it seemed to be everything but that. I spent the first couple of days in bed crying barely because of the physical pain but mentally I was checked out with all the drama I had to endure the past couple of days. From dealing with Diamond, finding out Chris had put his hands on her to Cole wanting not a single thing to do with me had my mind in overdrive. I felt pathetic, to say the least, but once my baby girl was dropped back home, momma bear sprung right back into action. She made me forget about all my worries and focus on what truly mattered, my family.