- 27 -

Krystal laid on my chest as we watched Moana in my living room

Krystal laid on my chest as we watched Moana in my living room. My mom was laying on the loveseat as we all spend quality time together. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time with my mom and Krystal. It felt good to make the bond between my mom stronger and to continue to build one with Krystal. They were two out of the three girls in my life that meant the most to me. So any free time I had I made sure I dedicated it to them.

Now that I knew my family was safe and sound I could rest assured that from here on out nothing would ever happen to them. I'd do anything in my power to make sure they were never put in any type of danger. Of course, I always had to watch over our shoulders but that came with the lifestyle I was living. My hustle made sure my family had shelter, food in their mouths and clothes on their backs. My mission was to make sure they never had to worry about anything as long as I was alive. Even long after I was gone, generations in the future would always be eating good because I paved the way. That was the goal.

Krystal mumbles something as she points at the television. I rub her curly hair out of her face as I stare down at her. "Look, Dada." She said as she continues to point at the television. This little being meant everything to me. Nothing else mattered when I was around her.

"I see, baby," I said watching the scene where Moana and Maui were fighting Teka. She snuggles up close to me as she watches the scene closely.

"I'm proud of you, Christopher." I heard my mom say. I look up at her to see a small smile plastered on her face.

"For what?" I ask in confusion.

"For stepping up and building a relationship with your daughter." I could tell that really made my mom happy. I appreciated her acknowledging my dedication to my daughter but this was something I was supposed to do. I never needed to be commended for this because it was an obligation. As long as I was alive I would always be in her life. She would always know that her father was there for her.

"You know that wasn't an option. I loved her before I even met her. There ain't no way I wasn't going to be there for her." I say humbly.

"I know, I know but it takes a real man to step up. For that, I'm extremely proud of you." She commends me.