- 34 -

It felt just like old times

It felt just like old times. The laughter and music that filled the house was nothing but love. Witnessing the smiles on everyone's face was almost nostalgic. Even though one important individual was missing from this get together we still managed to make the best out of it. Being surrounded by my family kept a smile beaming on my face. It was such a welcoming feeling to know that people that genuinely loved and cared for you had you surrounded. There was no better feeling than being about to enjoy the company of people that were always down for you. I wouldn't trade these group of people for anything. These were my day ones and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here.

Tyga jumps up on the island counter and stands on it as he tries to get everyone's attention. "Aight, you muthafuckas shut up. I got something to say." He says with a red cup in his hand. We all give him our undivided attention waiting for him to speak up. "To being with family, getting this money and most importantly having Mari back. We love you, baby. Now that you and lil mama back home, shit feels complete around here."

Tyga's toast warms my heart as it has my eyes burning with happy tears. I smile and fan my eyes to prevent the tears to fall. My makeup was way too cute to ruin. "Don't make me cry, Ty." I chuckle.

"So this weekend we celebrating a bond that could never be broken. We gon' reminisce on old times and create new memories. To a lifelong friendship turned family." Ty raises his cup. We l raise our cups after him. "Till we die," Ty says raising his cup. We all simultaneously say "till we die" and take a sip from our cups. I finished the Hennessy in my cup and now I needed another refill. I was already feeling wavy and the night had just begun.

"I love youuuu," Melanie slurs as she wraps her arms me from the side. I hold onto her arms and lean my head against hers. "I finally have my sister back." She only had one cup of Hennessy and she was already drunk. As far as I knew Melanie she's always been a lightweight. I guess some things never change.

"I love you too, Melly." I peck her cheek. "It feels so great to be back with you guys." Words couldn't express how happy was. The current vibe is exactly what I needed to lift my spirits. I'm glad everyone was here to support me with the exception of Chris. Being with everyone was great but it felt weird without him. I wanted to accept our current stance for what it was but it was difficult. I couldn't help but miss him. I knew if he was here we would either be arguing or ignoring one another. His presence would have been enough for me to put everything to the side for a weekend. "You miss Chris. You're showing it way too hard." Melanie says to me.