- 57 -

y'all know the deal:
excuse errors, comment/vote, but mainly enjoy 💕

y'all know the deal:excuse errors, comment/vote, but mainly enjoy 💕

With a steady gaze, I watch as Krystal plays with the bead maze that sat in the waiting room

With a steady gaze, I watch as Krystal plays with the bead maze that sat in the waiting room. She was accompanied by another toddler who was helping her push the colorful beads to the other side. Each passing day, I witnessed my baby girl getting bigger before my eyes. Whether it be a new word being added to her developing vocabulary or small gestures she's picked up on, I had front row seats to her growth. I was granted a second chance to be in her life and it was even more of a blessing that she embraced me as fast as she did. That's all the motivation I needed to be the best father I could be for her.

Currently, we were sitting in the waiting room as we waited to be called for our therapy session with Mrs. Moore. Amarie sat beside me chatting with the mother of the little girl Krystal was playing with.

My lips curl into a small smile when I hear Krystal tell the girl to follow her to the toy kitchen set. Even though she was only interacting with the little girl because she already built a relationship with her, it was still adorable to witness. Slowly but surely, she was starting to come out of her shell even though she had a long way to go.

"Congrats, Chris! You did great on the ring by the way!" Sophie, the mother of Krystal's friend, says as she views the ring on Amarie's finger.

"Thank you," I nod at her before placing my focus back on Krystal. Amarie and she go back to talking as I completely tune them out. I wasn't trying to be rude but I wasn't in the mood to interact. I honestly didn't talk much unless it was to Mrs. Moore so she didn't take any offense to it either way.

Similar to Sophie's husband who mainly stayed to himself in the corner every time we waited for our therapy sessions to start. Both our families happen to have therapy at the same time every week. We did a quick introduction when we first met and haven't spoken since. From what I heard from Amarie, he was a cop that was laid off due to his drinking problem. Probably explains why we both keep to ourselves: we didn't want to be here.

"Brown." The receptionist calls out with a big smile. Amarie stands up and I reluctantly do the same.

"Come, Krissy," Amarie calls her, and she comes running over. As soon as Amarie picks her up, she reaches out for me. I take her from her arms and hold her as she leans her head on my shoulder. "I'll see you next week, Sophie! Bye Ava!" Amarie waves bye and I do the same before heading off to Mrs. Moore's office.