- 40 -

Today may have been the first time, in a long time, that I actually smiled from ear to ear the entire day

Today may have been the first time, in a long time, that I actually smiled from ear to ear the entire day. From the time I woke up until current, I felt like I was cloud nine. The jubilation running through my body was way better than any high I ever felt. A natural high that only these two beings could give me. Their smiles brought out my smile. Their laugh made me laugh. It was their overall aura that gravitated myself to them anytime they were around.  Giddy it may seem but when you're so deeply in love it didn't matter how anybody else saw it. These two sure define my definition of unconditional love. A love so deeply embedded in my heart that it left a permanent trace of them that I'll never be able to erase. All I know was that I wanted to experience this for eternity.

Knowing that both Chris and I are the reason behind Krystal's smile makes this relationship worth fighting for. I haven't seen our baby girl this happy ever and it brings so much joy seeing her excitement. She fully embraced the unusual amount of affection that Chris and I have been showing each other lately. In fact, for her to see us getting along only made her beam even more. I honestly was nervous at first because Krystal wasn't the type to allow another man to even come near me but with Chris, she knew it was different. So with that, she accepted every kiss, hug, and touch Chris and I displayed towards each other. She even encouraged our semi-intimate moments by pushing our faces together when we kissed or joining in on our hugs.  He was our protector; her father and she quickly came to the realization.

Time may have been lost but moments like these made up for everything. To be in this space of happiness only confirmed that all the previous struggles I endured might have been worth it in some way or another. I never thought I would to the point where I could say I was genuinely happy. I had to get through the pain to feel the pressure. I learned not to dwell on the past too often because there was no going back and erasing time. We've been through too much to waste time by wishing what could have been especially when we now had the opportunity to make things right. My family deserved to have a real shot despite it all. I would fight my hardest to make sure that things worked out how we all wanted it to. I loved these two with every inch of my body not to.

I felt a rush breeze pass my legs and when I look down it's Krystal racing around the clothing rack I was currently scanning through for her size. We were in Nordstrom getting her some more clothes for winter seeing as though she was growing every minute. I watch her closely as she looks back occasionally while she darts around the store hiding behind various objects. Her smile illuminating across her face as she beams with excitement. I'm sure Chris wasn't too far behind chasing right behind her. It didn't matter what the setting was. They always made sure to make fun of the environment that they were in. It didn't help that Chris was a big kid at heart so he was most likely enjoying this game of tag as much as Krystal was.