12

I didn't know what I could do. I had no clue when he'd attack. Or if he'd even make a move. Either way, I'm making sure it doesn't happen. I hate myself for letting myself fall so many times into Dante's hands. I let myself down, let myself be the other woman. I knew he had his fiancé but in the midst of being with that man I totally forgot about her.

I take my keys out and enter my home. My roommates still awake, I smile at them and they all wave at me. "Hey Havana." They all murmured . "Hey guys." I say tiredly.

I open the door to my room and toss my bag and keys on my chair. I lightly kick my door close and rush over to my bed as I sob into my pillows.

I stayed like that for hours until I didn't even realize I fell asleep. I wake up, inhaling a sharp breath. My hair stood up around my face, the curls had unraveled. The frizziness probably caused by my crazy sleeping movements.

I whimper at the slight headache I have now. From either my uncontrollable crying or for sleeping too long. I twirl my fingers around the uncurled strand of hair. My eyes start to tear up as I try to suppress the events that occurred yesterday.

I rub my temples and slowly walk up towards the bathroom my roommates and I share. Well we have one other bathroom but it's in Paul's room. My roommates were related, Paul was the oldest, then Margot, and Gabriel.

I open up the a cabinet which also was the bathroom mirror above the sink. I grab ahold of the bottle of Advil, the pills inside making a rattling noise. I pop open the cap and stick my fingers inside, fishing out two pills and slipping them into my mouth.

I drink some water from the sink to wash them down. I let out a sigh, I gather my hair into my fist and tie it up into a bun. I sluggishly get ready for work, brushing my teeth after I had washed myself.

I walked out, bumping into Gabriel. He gave me a look, "Ava? What are you doing up?" He asked me, rubbing his tires eyes. "Oh, sorry Gabe."

"It's Wednesday, you don't work. Or did your schedule change?" Gabriel asked me, my eyes widened. Relief washed over me, my tense shoulders relaxed.

"Oh you're right." I grinned, "Thank you." He smiled at me, nodding his head he playfully pinched my cheek.

I walked back to my room. All the while taking off my bun and my shoes. My work clothes following, dropping on the floor as I jump in bed. I curl into the blankets, breathing in the scent that was engraved in them. My eyes, heavy, drop to a close.

My next day or two of my time off come to a sad close. I dreadfully get dressed for work, walking out to see Margot making breakfast. She grins at me, "Bonjour." She tells me kindly.

"Bonjour." I greet back, a lump in my throat. Margot narrows her eyes. "What is wrong? You look sad." Margot mentioned, pausing what she was doing in the hot pan. I shook my head smiling, forcing it on.

"No, no...I'm okay. Really. Just tired." I explained. I was tired, I haven't slept at all. I couldn't stop thinking about Dante. And of course I couldn't stop crying because of Dante and his fiancé. And the fact that I'm such a slut.

Margot nodded her head, "Here. This will make you feel better. New recipe of mine." She tells me setting a plate on the bar next to her.

I walk over, my stomach turns in disgust. Not because what Margot made was nasty but because of the emotions I was feeling. "Oh...Margot. I'm not really hung-" Paul came in, he looked tired as he closed the door. He gave me a smile along with his sister.

Gabe pushed me in, "Looks good!" He chirped. Margot grinned. "Yeah I know. Now let's eat." I was trapped so I just ate as much as I could.

I checked the watch I had on my wrist. I gasp, standing up. "I have to go. Thank you so much Margot." She smiles at me and nods.

"Mmm, I have to leave also. Let me drive you?" Gabriel ask as he stands up with me. I shrug, smiling at him thankfully.

"If it's not a problem?" I ask, he chuckles squeezing my shoulder. "Come." He tells me and we walk out after telling Paul and Margot one last good bye. We make our way to Gabriel's motorcycle. He playfully shoves a helmet into my stomach. I laugh, playfully pushing him.

We settle in and take off.

We stop in front of the hotel after forty minutes. Gabriel testing my patience as he had tried to do a simple trick as we drove here. I took the helmet off and handed it to him. The pretty boy smiled at me, reaching out for my face and pinching my cheek.

"Thank you. See you at home later?" I asked and he nodded. "À plus tard!" He called out as he flashed away.

A deep pit formed in my chest. I felt sick as I let myself in to the hotel. It was quite, it was very early in the morning. Only staff members walked around in silence.

"Ah! Ava! Here, here." I looked up to see my manager. I walked over to her in a hasty manner. Not wanting her to wait for me awkwardly.

"Yes?" I asked respectfully. She smiled, nodding her head at me. "Bonjour." I smiled repeating the word. "Now!" She said turning serious again. "The Owner has been completely restless! Please be extra cautious. He's been snapping at workers ruthlessly. Firing them for no reason." She frowned as I did.

I nodded my head. "Anything, madam." She smiled. The woman pulled me into a hug. "I've missed you. Don't look so scared."

I wanted to scoff.