37

"Good morning darling, lets go out today, yes?" Florence removes the bedding from my body gently. I stare at her as she does, blinking back the tears that instantly piled in the corner of my eyes.

It's been a month since Jade came, she left and never looked back. Never called either. But before she left she told me she understood, and I would have to find my own way. I would have to make the decision to leave on my own.

Florence guided me to the bathroom and handed me my tooth brush. I made myself sick. I didn't deserve the kindness Florence was giving me. I didn't deserve Jade. I didn't deserve anything.

I fumble to put on my blue Levi mom-jeans, my tan cami tucked in. I grab another cardigan like green top, buttoning it up and situating the roomy arms of it.

I grab my tan shirt heeled shoes, my arms link with Florence's and we walk out of the loft together.

Florence happily took me shopping, then out to a nice restaurant, and then back out to go catch a movie.

"Thank you for hanging out with me, Ava." Florence said as we walked up the path to the loft.

I smiled, "No, thank you for getting me out the loft. I had a lovely time. Thank you for the gifts too." I gently touch the small tear drop necklace, a diamond shining brightly, the gold chain enhancing the color.

"Of course, it's nothing at all." Florence said as she waved her hand dismissively.

We walked up the steps, I took out my keys but before I could unlock the door it flew open itself. I took a step back, surprised. Hazel green eyes burned brightly at me, a faint smile on full pink lips.

I felt my body tremble, "Dante." Florence greeted with a closed off expression. Dante's eyes quickly acknowledged Florence.

"Flo, what possessed you to keep company with my girl?" Dante asked, his eyes falling back on me. And I felt a lump in my throat. I looked down, my eyes landing on his fingers. Zooming in on that wedding band. I felt my head pound.

"She's great company, Id be stupid not to become friends with her." Florence said, "Now if you'll excuse us." Florence pushed us in. Causing my body to brush against his.

My eyes started to tear, but I held myself back. Biting the inside of my cheek and squeezing my fist. My newly manicured nails digging into my palm.

"Would you both like something to drink?" I asked, feeling pressure in my head. Dante watched me with curious eyes.

"Sure dear, I'll have whatever's most convenient." I nodded my head and glanced at Dante who raised his eyebrow. He walked past me, brushing against me slowly and took a seat next to Florence. Florence fixed her glare on the man.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the water filter from the fridge. I grabbed three cups, even though I was too nervous to drink mine and I knew Dante didn't want any water but I did it anyways.

During the month Dante has been gone, the only time we spoke was when he asked me to send him nudes. Or when he called to have phone sex. Other than that there was nothing.

I felt sick again, my head pounding.

I placed the glasses on the coasters. "Thank you darling." Florence said as she grabbed the glass and raised it to her lips taking a sip.

"No problem...um," I knew by the heated stare I felt from Dante he wanted to fuck and he wanted to do it now and get it over with. He wore a suit, so he probably has to go to a meeting soon.

"So where did you two ladies go today?" Dante asks, relaxing back into the sofa. His eyes still locked on me as I sat in the chair on the right of them.

"Well, we went to many places. I showed her some markets and stores, went to the movies, lunch. Usual things." Florence answered. "Ava is great company. I can't wait for our next outing. I would love if she took a place in my firm as a assistant." My eyes popped open wide, this was the first time hearing about it.

"Is that so?" Dante said, now looking over at Florence. She smirked, she had caught his attention.

"Yes, although it just came to me now. I was thinking it would be bad for Havana not to have a source of income just in case some...goes wrong. Or if she simply wants something. Isn't that right Havana? It's the smart thing to do." Both their eyes were on me and I shrunk.

"Mm, well yes. I suppose so. But I couldn't ask-" Florence shook her head, I watched with hesitant eyes as Dante sucked his teeth as he watched me speak.

"No it wouldn't be a problem at all. You have my number, give me a call as soon as you can. I must get going." Florence stood up, taking her bags. She walked over to me as I stood up with her, she kissed both of my cheeks and gave a slight nod to Dante.

As the door closed, I came to the pure apprehension of this situation. I was in a whole different ball game now, Dante is now married. Whether there was feelings in the marriage or not, he's still married.

Where did my morals go?
Where did my plans?
Where did my life go?

His hands grasp the tips of my fingers, and slowly he intertwines our fingers together. Oh, yeah I guess that's why.

I chose him.
I chose Dante Moreau.
and I think I always will.

"Hug me." He rasped in my ear, I sniffled as I tried to hold myself together.

"Can I?" I whispered, my hands pressed against his warm chest. His heart pounding hard and fast.

"Don't make me ask again." He begged, his voice low and painful. His cheek pressed against mine, we were pressed skin to skin. I slowly slid my hands up his chest, my arms wrapping around his neck. I pulled him against me tightly as I cried into his neck. He wrapped his own arms along my waist and around my back, holding me just as tightly as I held him.

It was almost as we tried to mold into each other.

"I love you." He said into my hair, and I shook. Wanting to bury myself in his scent.

"I love you more." And I had no doubt about that.