17

Havana

I stare at the glass table. I kept the tv off, liking the silence of the loft. I fell back into the leather couch, I yawned. Curling into a small ball.

I was thinking about Gabriel, Margot, and Paul. What they were thinking about, if they were talking about me. If they found out about my relationship with Dante.

I looked at the time, I should be start getting ready for school but I was just so drained. Dante had some workers drop off some of my clothes. I forced myself to stand up after awhile. I walked over to my clothes that have been put in place.

I throw on an outfit and walk out of my new home. My school was very close to here so I just had to catch one bus instead of the three I used to take when I lived with my old roommates.

As I walked the rest of the way to the university I thought about how Dante doesn't let me kiss him. He was so tense and on edge when I had wrapped my arms around him.

I felt a cloud loom over me. I had to get rid of it quick, I didn't like being sad. It took me back to when I was younger.

I wrote down what my philosophy professor was talking about. He was giving us a new lesson today. I yawn, my face pushing deeper into my hand. I hum, trying my best to last the few minutes left in class. Once people start to pack up and leave I do the same. I was minoring in philosophy but I was mastering in Fashion design.

I meet up with Desiree. We walked to our tables and started to get to work. One of our projects was to do a collaboration with another student.

"You okay, Ava?" Desiree asked me, she fixed her head wrap. She looked at me with fretful eyes. I nodded giving her a smile, I always seemed to get good friends which I was very thankful for.

"Yes, please don't worry. I'm just super tired." I fill her in just a little. She smiles pulling me into a hug.

"Good, now let's get working!" She says cheerfully. I grin, tilting my head at her bashfully. "You look like you have a little glow in you. Meet anyone?" I blushed at her observation. I giggle and shake my head.

"No, not really." She leaves it at that and we start a new conversation.

I didn't feel like going back to that loft. It felt so empty. I pull out my wallet, I had a enough to buy certain things. I wasn't hungry so I decided to skip dinner. I walked over to a bus stop, I called Jade and asked her to help find some new stuff for the loft.

"How about this cute little thing!" I squealed into the phone, showing Jade on FaceTime.

"Ew no, Ava! Stop getting things you don't need!" I pouted at her little out burst.

"But it's so cute...I'm getting it." I stuck my tongue out at her. She rolled her eyes, laughing.

"Okay but you're just gonna waste money buying little trinkets." She stated facts but...it was such a pretty crystal colorful vase. I puffed out my cheeks and put it down.

But I picked it back up, Jade groaned and I laughed. I ended up buying two chairs that would add a burst of color, cute funky mirrors, and a bunch of knacks to go around the loft. The woman who owned the store asked me if I'd be alright with carrying all my items. I smiled at the sweet French woman.

Telling her I'd be fine.

Which was incorrect. People have me weird looks as I struggled, walking in the now brightly lit streets of Paris. I waddled all the way, a chair in each hand. A bag in my mouth, I got startled as someone tapped my shoulder. I looked to my left to see a man in a suit. He was well tailored and looked important.

I tried to smile with the bag in my mouth. The business man gave me a laugh and a smile.

"Can I help you ma'am?" He offered, he was cute. His hair buzzed short, he had perfect olive skin. He was tall and lanky. I nodded my head and he took the two chair I had. I took the bag from my mouth.

"Thank you so much. I'm Ava." I introduced myself politely. He grinned, "No worries. I'm Mathis." I pondered for a second, is it really smart to bring a stranger to my new home. My eyes widened, oh my god...I've seen the movie Taken. The bad guys always pretend to be nice.

I eyed Mathis. I could beat him up...

"I came from the diner and saw you, I felt bad just watching." He chuckled. "You looked so focused." I laugh with him. Aw, I hope he isn't a killer. He's so nice. I think to myself, getting lost in my mind until I trip into a car.

Mathis lets out a loud laugh. "Jesus, you're so clumsy." He says shaking his head. I blush, ignoring what I did.

"Not usually. Only when I stop thinking." He laughs at me. I smile, he settles down. His gaze on me after he finished his laugh.

"So did you just move?" He questioned, I answered with a nod. He smiled, he looked so young. I wondered how he could already be in a business. I stopped a few blocks away from the loft itself.

"Well, thank you so much Mathis. I hope to see you around again sometime." I told him kindly. He grinned, nodding his head.

"No problem, Ava. It was my pleasure." He handed me the chairs and I waited until he left. I walked the rest of the way, carrying the items inside. I groaned, falling into the couch. I yawned into one of the pillows.

The loft was still empty, Dante no where in sight. It hurt me, that he was able to come when he wanted to. To use me and then leave. I really wanted him to stay that night. I felt so bare, I was stripped away of a home again. Forcefully moved out from a place I felt comfortable in.

I turned over, looking around the huge place. I smiled at the staircase that leads up to the bedroom. I was left wondering when he'd come back.