39

I playfully bumped into Dante as we walked towards a food market, hand in hand. He smirked down at me and trapped me under his arm. "Did you like the movie?" I asked, peering up to look at him.

"Too long for me. But you're little facial expressions kept me up." Dante teased, I rolled my eyes.

"But it was the last avengers! You just have been a little excited." I probed, Dante laughed causing my heart to squeeze.

"Look at you, my little nerd." He stole a kiss from my lips which I gladly excepted as I beamed up at him. "Sit down I'll get us something to eat." He kissed me one last time before he walked off to stand in line for something. I sat down at a table and waited, toying around with my phone. For the first time in a month I checked my Instagram opening it up and checking out my profile.

My heart wept as I saw the old pictures of Jade and I. I scrolled all the way down to where it showed us in our new apartment.

I wiped away my tears and put away my phone, pushing my hair out of my face. Dante came back a bit later, carrying the food to our table. "Hey, what's wrong baby?" Dante asked as he sat down, coming closer to me as he lowered his voice soothingly. He pressed his forehead to mine. "Hmm?" He asked again.

I smiled at him and shook my head, "Nothing, I was just thinking about the movie again." I kissed his cheek for an extra touch. And reached out for the food. Dante's gaze still on me.

The sun began to set as we started to walk back to the apartment. "Angel," I looked up at the sweet name he calls me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed the unfamiliar look on his face. He looked pale almost, and nervous. Tugging on his plump bottom lip as he avoided my eyes.

"Are you okay, Dante?" I pressed the palm of my hand to his neck, and then his forehead. "Are you not feeling well-" He cut me off, shaking his head.

"No...it's not that, it's not that I just," He took in a deep breath, getting annoyed with himself. "I wanted to give you this-but in a better way-Angel I love you." My heart skipped a beat as I watch him open a pure white ring box, opening it to show a blood red ruby in the shape of an lopsided small oval, with a platinum band.

"Wha-" I was so shocked I screamed a little. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"It's a promise ring." He whispered shyly, "Put it on." He grabbed my hand and slipped the finger on the opposite of the wedding ring finger. It fit perfectly on my slender fingers.

"Do you like-" I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his torso as I held onto him by his neck.

"Thank you, thank you. I love you."

The color red had a special meaning between us. A little secret only us two know. Maybe that would be enough for me. In the long run, maybe it'll be enough.

Dante holds my hand in his in a tight grasp and white nail polish in the other. I stifle my laughter as I watch his eyebrows pinch together in concentration as his long fingers try to evenly spread out the paint on my nails. As I stare longer at the paint that was all over my cuticle and basically covering half of my finger I couldn't help but laugh.

"Dante I could just do this my-" He shushed me causing me to let out a snort. I covered my mouth with my other hand as I laughed silently.

"There," He said as he carefully stroked my pinky fingers nail, finishing off the hand. "Finished."

I sigh, a huge smile on my face as I lift my arm up. Stretching my hand to get a good look at the new paint job. "I can see...what you were trying to do." Dante pouted obviously, crossing his arms over his chest. I giggled and scooted closer to him.