33

DANTE

She didn't believe me when I said I was in love with her. She didn't believe me when I said when she hurts I hurt. She didn't believe the only confession I've ever given to a woman.

I stare at the box of birth control that Havana has thrown at my face. A single pill missing. "Care to explain?" I asked my father. He looked at it with boredom.

"It seems like I had to interfere. You weren't taking the necessary precautions. Other than that I do approve." I chuckled, sliding the box over to him.

"I don't have a problem to make sure this arrangement doesn't make it to the alter. I don't need the company as much as you think. I have many other alternatives. If you make the mistake of intervening in my personal relationship with Havana and attempting to make a rash decision for her life again I'll make sure every relationship you have internationally will be ruined. Kiki would understand." My fathers eyes gleamed in a vengeful look.

"And why haven't you called off the marriage, son? You know I hate empty threats. Let me get to the root of the problem. I have a theory! The reason you won't have the balls to call it off is because you're scared." He snapped his fingers with a wide smile on his face. He leaned back against his chair, crossing his leg on his knee. "Because even without the arrangement, you'd still be the same man. Who dominates her, who shines his insecurities on her. You're scared one day, some day soon, she'll figure that out and leave you,"

"Find someone better. Get married and have children, something she wants that sweet girl. But it's something you can't ever give to her."

He was right. "You're scared too. Both you and mother, because she's changing that. She's helping me to better myself. Not only does she except me, she loves me for the fucked up man I am." I give him a sickly sweet smile. "I am afraid of losing her, she does deserve better. But all she's getting is me. Please inform Kiki and her family that I'll be heading back to Paris to fix things with my girlfriend."

"Flight 206 seemed to have some difficulties so we will be arriving fifteen minutes before them." The flight attendant spoke to me with a quick quirk of her thin lips. I nodded my head and went back to the conversation I had on my phone.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is, Mr. You're-ruining-My-Best-friends-Life! What do you want asshole?" I clenched my jaw, my eye twitching caused by the annoyance that Jade caused me.

"Just give me some advice." She sighed loudly. An obnoxious tone in the sound.

"You are an idiot. She called me already, she's told me that old hag aka your mother slapped her and you didn't do shit so fuck you and leave my sister alone!" She screamed in my ear, ending the call right after.

I groaned to myself trying to figure out what I could do. Just as we landed it came to me.

My eyes spotted Havana, her shoulders shaking as she cried. "Just put my bags out in the front." I handed the driver the money that was due and exited out the car.

I walked up from behind her, grabbing her arm and pulling her to my chest. As she realized it was me she wrapped her arms around me and sobbed inside my chest. "I'm sorry, angel. I love you. Look at me, look at me. You are the most important thing to me. I value you so much more than you think, Havana." She sniffled as I cupped her face.

"Let's go inside." I coaxed her, leading her into the flat.

"Mr. Moreau, this is your new security guard, Rush Valmont." I slowly moved my vision from Havana to the rookie. I pause, why is this person male?

"The new guard was supposed to be female. For Havana." She looked at me confused. Stanford chuckled.

"Please, forgive me. Yet you asked for the very best, and here he is." I watched as Havana smiled.

"Thank you Stanford. And thank you too Mr. Valmont. I hope we don't run into any trouble." Suddenly the void man smiled warmly at my girl. I clench my jaw watching Havana smile back brightly.

"Likewise Miss Sanchez. Mr. Moreau please don't feel threatened. I never mix business in with pleasure." I already hated the son of a bitch.

But I knew what my family was capable of and I didn't want to be the cause of her getting hurt again.

"I have to go, angel. I'll be back soon okay." I pulled her into a kiss. "I love you." I whispered in her ear.

"I love you too."

sorry guys it's been so so long. Please excuse my absence.