15

My deadline was over.

Jade looked at me through the screen of my phone. We both stayed silent and zoned out. We stayed in the comfort of each other.

I had told her everything. She wasn't happy, she yelled, cried, and now we're silent. I was in my room, curled in blankets.

"I-what the fuck is wrong with this guy?" Jade thought out loud. "A-nd you can't leave because he'll just find you. He's fucking crazy." She said pressing her hand to forehead.

"And I'm just letting it happen because...I like him. I care for him." I whimpered, Jade looked up at me through the screen with sad eyes. I blinked the tears away. I can't say that it was all Dante's fault. He was a dark figure I wanted to play with. When I first saw him I was completely willing to go where ever he wanted.

Maybe that was the problem. I believe in love too much. I still can't believe that Dante doesn't believe in love. That it's strictly sex to him. I hold onto the sweet little things, how he tenderly puts on my clothes. Leaving ghost, feather, kisses onto my skin. Almost like he doesn't want me to feel them. But I always do, everything he touches turns to flame.

But that can't be good either.

Someone knocked on my door, both Jade and I jumped up. "Who the fuck is it? Is it him?" She asked briskly. I shook my head.

"He would've just burst in," I whispered to her. "Who is it?" I ask in small voice. We both wait a short second. The door opens showing Paul. He gives me a smile, but his eyes looked strange.

"Ava...someone-Mr. Moreau is here to see you." He said, a stammer in his voice. He looked like he wanted to say more but he restrained himself. I sulkily nodded to him, "Please, hurry." He said in a begging manner. I frowned and nodded again. He finally left, closing the door behind him.

"There's nothing I can do now." I said staring at the door. Jade shook her head, snapping her fingers.

"Keep me on the line. Let's go." She instructed, I grabbed my phone and turned down the volume. I didn't change, keeping my leggings and sweatshirt. My feet bare, I kept looking down at my sparkly purple nail polish.

I was slowly regretting the color.

I looked up as I made it into the living room. Paul was awkwardly standing in the corner while Dante stood in front of the couch. Both their eyes latch onto me. I kept Jade in my jackets pocket. My eyes lingered on him, he looked so good. I can smell him from here, I loved his cologne. It always had me coming closer for more.

He raised his hand out for me. "Let's go." I blushed, looking at Paul. Dante raised an eyebrow, I seemed to have already tested his patience. I don't think he even had any.

"I'll go get you your shoes, Ava." Paul offered, walking to my room. Dante stepped closer and I grabbed his hand bashfully. He stared down at my toes causing me to whine.

"No! Don't stare at them." I twist and turn to try and attempt to hide my feet. Dante's eyes sparkled, but his dark aura stuck. He was here for business. And as soon as Paul came out with my shoes I took them. Dante didn't give me time to put them on. He walked me to the door and away from Paul's eyes, picked me up and carried me to the car.

I didn't get to thank Paul or tell him good bye. I sigh, putting my shoes on in the car Dante wasn't driving.

I peered up at him. He had gotten a call, he was speaking French which he usually does when it deals with business. But when he was in America he'd speak, of course, in English. I grab ahold of a strand of hair. Twirling a piece of it around my finger. My hair was a mess from my blankets.

After he finished I thought the silence was going to kill me.

"How was your day?" I ask, desperate to make this less depressing and quiet. Dante's warm eyes looked me over, his golden highlighted hair was actually down for a change. Pieces of it tucked behind his right ear.

"It's going to get better, put it that way." He said smoothly. "And you?" He asked, tilting his head teasingly. Obviously mocking me. I smiled at the gesture though.

"I was talking with Jade. She might actually be coming out here soon. And, um, schools almost over I guess." I giggled, his eyes looked at my mouth as I laughed.

"Good." He said huskily. I winced as I heard Jade say, "Oh this is killing me." I played it off. Scratching my head and looking out the window.

"Where are we going?" I ask tilting my head. I tried to resist the urge but it was muscle memory. "To hell. To sign my poor babies life-" I completely turned the volume off. My face red, scared that Dante heard.

"To your new apartment. You'll be signing the papers and we'll go from there." He clarified, I pressed my teeth down against my bottom lip. Slowly letting it go. I was extremely nervous, I felt like I was standing in line to go on a rollercoaster.

I looked at the loft in amazement. The outside was gorgeous, I can't imagine what it would look inside. Dante rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, causing me to bump into him. We stayed close as we walked inside.

"You didn't just buy this, right? It must've cost a fortune...we're so close to the Eiffel Tower. I can see it just...there." I cut my rambling short, Dante giving me a smoldering look. "Sorry." I gushed. He knew what I was doing. I was stalling and I was doing it messily.

"This was the first thing I bought after I left my parents home if you must know." He told me, I did a little spin to try and get a view of the spacious place. It was so...modern. It felt so generic. A copy of something, like no one lives here. It's just a model of a place.

I tilt my head as I look into a hallway. My hand is grabbed and I'm walked to the couch. A glass table in front of us.

We sat down, Dante leaning in very close. His nose touches mine. His hand reaches into my pocket, pulling out my phone. I gasp, looking at him with curious eyes to see what he was going to do. I just knew he knew about Jade.

He put the speaker to his ear, his eyes staring right into me. "She's busy now. I'll make sure to have her call you later." He hung up after that. He pulled out a pen and the papers. I folded my hands together, watching as he signed the paper.

"Wait...all the things you listed. The-um-sexual desires. Can we please...not do some of those?" I played with my fingers. Dante paused, standing up straight. I felt my heart beating from my chest.

"Like what, angel?"