26

Dante

She was falling to pieces.

I hold her to me as she sleeps. I press my hand against her slight bloated belly. She had started her period, which was another thing that made her feel useless.

She stayed tucked under my arm, her face in my side. She almost gave Stanford a heart attack when he saw he fall and hit her head on those fucking stairs. Now she had unnecessary bruises on her back and her head.

She's been sleeping well pass the time she usually wakes. I roll her over looking over her body. I move closer kissing her cheeks and then her lips. "You're a crybaby." I mumbled into her skin. She let out a little hiccup coincidentally, her arms wrapped around me. I chuckled shaking my head.

I groaned picking her up with me. I hope she wasn't in a fucking coma Jesus Christ. I rolled my eyes walking down the stairs with the girl wrapped around me. I held her tightly as I walked down the flight carefully.

I eased my grip once it was over, I let out a breath and walked over to Stanford who just happened to finish pouring me a cup of coffee.

I grabbed it just as he finished causing him to look at me defensively. He chuckled relaxing. "Ease up, old man." He rolled his eyes at my comment.

He smirked, looking at Havana in my arms. I rolled my eyes. "I'm making sure she doesn't slip into a coma." Stanford nodded his head as he watched me take a seat on the sofa. Having Havana curl in my lap, I fixed her so she would be comfortable.

"Mhmm. But why carry her around, you could just check up on her now and then when she's in bed." I clenched my jaw at this mans questioning.

"What is this? An interrogation? Have you connected Havana's friend?" I switch the role, Stanford chuckles softly. He nods his head. "Ah, yes. She should be here soon. Your sister went to go pick her up." I let out a sigh.

I look down at Havana her sleeping form so fucking perfect. Her freckles more prominent from the bright sun rays. Her black waves tickling her nose.

She woke up soon after Stanford left. She looked up at me and moved her gaze somewhere else.

"Mm, sorry." She mumbled, I watch her as she slips out of my lap. She stands up, stretching her arms, her belly showing. "I'm sorry...for how I probably acted yesterday. I can't really remember." She whispered. I held in a laugh. Of course she doesn't remember.

"I'm gonna take a shower." She says after awhile looking around shyly. I nod my head, she turns away after that.

She's been in the shower for an hour, not leaving the hot place. I pace around the living space, I could hear her music and hear her singing to it so I know she's alright. Someone knocks on the front door, I let out a sigh. My eyes glancing up at the room as I walk towards the door.

I open it, Jade glaring at me along with my younger sister. "I fucking hope you die." Jade growls at me, pushing her way inside. I glower at the stupid bimbo bitch. Anastasia touches my shoulder, she shakes her head at me.

"I hope you've talked to mother." She says, raising her eyebrows. I roll my eyes, "You are burning down her entire world, Dante. There are other girls out there that would gladly have their lives ruined by you." I clench my jaw, moving away from my sister.

"She's signed the contract. It has a life expectancy. So only if one of us fucking dies she'll be free of me." Anastasia stares at me, screams fill up the noise.

"Baby girl! Baby girl!" Jade yells from the opening upstairs in the bedroom I watch as Jade pulls out a naked Havana, only her panties on. Her hair still wet as Jade tackles her onto the bad.

"Jade no!" Havana squeals at in a fit of giggles. I feel myself relax as she does laugh, I fall back into the couch slightly. Anastasia looks down at me and smiles she takes a seat next to me.

"Don't cry, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm sorry." Jade whispers. I look away from the scene, I stand up.

"The plane leaves the day after tomorrow. Don't miss it."  I tell Anastasia, picking up my keys and walking out of the loft.

I lock the door behind me. Walking down the stairs, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. I stand in front of my car, hitting the keys twice for the doors to unlock.

I slide into the chair, putting the keys into the ignition. "Dante!" I look over my shoulder. Watching Havana as she runs over to me, her small feet bare touching the cold ground. I frown getting out of the car and meeting her half way. She bumps into my chest.

"Where do you think you're going? It's cold, you're hairs still wet." I growl looking at her apparel. She shudders, a smile on her lips, she playfully steps on my shoes.

"You were just gonna leave without saying bye?" Her voice held lightness, a sense of happiness.

"Kiki needs me right now." Her cheeks went red and she took a step back. She nods, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Oh, yeah," she laughs timidly. "Goodnight. Tell them I said hello." She said before turning away and walking back inside the house.