36

I walk into the elegant reception. The guest of the wedding mingling and having a happy time. The elitist spoke of things only they could understand.

I was in a whole new domain. I've been in a different world.

I take a seat at a secluded table. Watching as Kiki and Dante dance together. Kiki has changed into a more western dress, still it was as gorgeous as the other she had on.

"And you must be the talk of the night." I hear a women purr in my ear. I looked up to see a stunning women. Even in her later age.

She smiled at me and I was instantly charmed. "Hello, I'm Florence Anand. But call be Flo." She introduced herself. She was gorgeous, her skin mildly dark, her hair thick and short. The tips of the bob curled inward, touching against her neck that showed no wrinkles. The only way I could tell she was older was her eyes, not that they had any wrinkles but the way the shined.

Her nose was straight, her lips not too thin and was accompanied by red lipstick. Her hazel eyes brightened. "Hello, I'm Havana Sanchez. Nice to meet you." I greeted back smiling at her. "You're gorgeous." I gushed out, I couldn't help but say it. Even her figure was in tact, not perfect but still amazing.

The woman grinned, showing off her pearly whites. "Thank you dear, aren't you a stunner yourself." She had an accent, one I can put to a Indian language. She took a seat, settling in next to me. "Don't let Mrs. Moreau hear you though." She smirked mischievously. A youthful playfulness in her tone as she giggled.

I smiled, "Oh, yes. I suppose I should keep a low profile...I hope you don't get badgered either for talking with me." I said solemnly. Florence stared at me, and shook her head slowly. Looking out to the elites.

"Dear, I'm notoriously known. I'm Senior Moreau's mistress. Jonatan is my lover." She confessed to me casually. My eyes seemed to widen, she chuckled at my expression.

"Mhmm, so I could careless. These people shouldn't have that much left to say since it's been over twenty years." Flo almost snorted, rolling her eyes.

"Did you lose everything too?" The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. Florence seemed to become serious.

She looked me into my eyes. "Yes. And I could safely say, it was not worth it. Darling, you have so much potential. You should forget about that boy. Lola made sure to tear me down, my family, my everything. That women is so delusional it hurts my head just thinking about the things she's said and done...Dante's wife may not be like that. But his mother still is."

"And my Jonatan, what a selfish man he is." Florence looked back over to them.

"But you still love him." I answered, not even having to question the look she's giving him.

"He has me in shackles." Florence said, staring at Jonatan wistfully. "I heard what they did to you already Havana. I could tell by looking at you now you're losing your own grasp on who you are...it's not worth it, darling. No man is worth your downfall." Florence looked back at me with tears in her eyes.

This beautiful, elegant, and charming women. Who I suspected ruled the world in her younger days, tearing up for me who's done this to herself.

"We met during university. I got out of my village, luckily, to go to school in England. And I met him there. We were both studying law," Florence began. And I listened to her intently. "We debated constantly, well more like argued but it never got to anger. We just loved to tease each other. He was never used to someone telling him he was wrong. Or question him at all."

"I didn't know he had already been arranged to marry Lola. I didn't think white people still did that." She and I laughed lightly. "I was from a well off family as well too, I was the middle child too, so my parents were pretty lenient. So as I came to that University...I met him and slowly fell in love."