Chapter 1

A/N
This story starts when Resistance just destroys Starkiller base. Poe is just getting back to the base. Will switch mostly from Poe and Rey's POV but there maybe some other characters too! It will start in Poe's POV. Hope you guys enjoy!

Poe's POV:
I fly and land perfectly on platform 26 as instructed.
"We're home BB8" I say.
I hear BB8 beeping excitedly off into the distance.
"I can't believe we did it, we blew up starkiller base!" I say proudly.
" Time to go celebrate!" I say laughing until I realize I'm talking to myself.
I climb out of my Xwing and meet celebrate with some of my fleet, and comfort some who lost friends in this battle. As soon as I met with my team I go and check in the ones that are alive and the ones that have perished.
"22 alive and 16..... dead."
I say to General Trohana who is in charge of troop deployment.
"Thank you Poe, you will get a new group of squadron in a couple of days to train" General Trohana says.
I just nod and walk off. Deaths are hard for me but I am slowly training myself to let go. As I catch my self thinking about that I immediately push it out of my head.
"stop thinking about that Poe! This is supposed to be a happy time you just blew up the First Orders ultimate weapon! Think how many life's you've saved from just doing that!"
I soon stop thinking about it and put on a smile. Then I see an unfamiliar ship but realize it's the Millennium Falcon! The ship that's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy! That ship made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs! Then in less then a moment I see a medical team pushing a gurney and then a big furry carpet came out carrying something then I realize it's Finn! I want to go help and do something! Help Finn but I can't i'm not a medical professional so I just stand there and watch. Then not moments later I see a girl, her frame was tiny but not in the delicate kind, she looked strong and muscular. She had brown hair that was put up in 3 messy buns. She had brown eyes, but under those brown eyes I saw sadness, I saw worry I saw exhaustion but most of all I saw pain. I know that feeling, my first instinct is to go help her, comfort her, but when I was about to move I saw General Leia go up to her and hug her and walk away with her. I realize this is the scavenger girl! The one from Jakku! The one wanted for having the map to Luke Skywalker! What's her name?........ Rey, and at that moment I realize I want to meet Rey not just want to I...I need to.

A/N
Hope you like the book so far!! This is just an intro to the story don't worry there's a lot more damerey to come! A lot of chapters will probably be longer than this one.