Chapter 56

Rey's POV:

      I feel a pain in my stomach, my eyes begin to flutter and someone grabs my hand and I open my eyes. They adjust to the light, and I look over to see Poe smiling at me. I give a small smile, still tired. I look over to see Maggie, she smiles at me. She says something, but it comes out in a mumble. My eyebrows fur up and she asks me again in a louder voice.
      "Rey? Can you hear me?" She says.

      "Y, ye, yeah." I say my voice cracking.

      "Where does it hurt the most?" She asks

       "M, my stomach." I say.

      I try and sit up but I get a stabbing pain in my stomach and I gasp in pain.
      "You have to take it easy, Rey you don't want to tear your incision." She says.

      "I wanna sit up." I say looking up at her.

      "Okay, I can help you with that." She says picking up a remote and the bed moves up in a sit position.

       "Can I take a look?" Maggie says walking over to me.

      "Sure." I say as she lifts up my shirt and takes off a bandage.

      I look down and there's a big scar going down my stomach. I look at Poe with a worried look in my eyes, I look back at Maggie.
      "Is the baby hurt? Is it alright." I ask

      Maggie gets a sad look on her face, and my heart drops.
      "Wha, What happened?" I say putting my hand on my stomach.

      She sighs and looks at me
      "You suffers sever trauma, and your body was in a lot of stress. And because of all that stress, the baby couldn't take it and you had a miscarriage." She says, I shake my head.

      "No, no no. This isn't happening." I say shaking my head, tears falling from my eyes. Poe puts his hands on my shoulders comforting me. I cry as he comforts me.

       "I tried everything in my power to try and save the baby, but there was nothing  anybody could do." She says

      "Is, it possible to see, it?" I say my voice cracking.

      "Yes, but It might be a little much." She says.

       "I'll be fine I just wanna see what the baby looks like." I say tears running down my cheeks.

"Okay. I'll be back" she says walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want any of this to happen." I say as he strokes my hair.

"This wasn't your fault. Don't blame this on yourself, it was the first order." He says.

"Yeah, but they said if I turned to the dark side they could save the baby." I say starting to cry again.

"You know the dark side, that's wouldn't be the whole deal, and I don't want my daughter or son growing up to be a Sith Lord." He says

"I guess but at least he or she would be alive." I say, as Maggie walks back in the room.

She hands me a blanket with the smallest human I've ever seen before.
"Is it a He or a she can you tell?" I say.

"Well it's really to early to tell, but I would say it's a girl, because of the way she's growing." She says.

"She's so tiny." I say my nose sniffly

"She's beautiful, she looks just like you." Poe says

"She has your nose." I say laughing, a little.

"What should we name her?" I say

"I don't know what do you want to name her?" Poe says in a soothing voice.

"What about Shara?" I say.

"That sounds perfect." He says

"Shara Hera Dameron." I say my voice broken by sadness

"Do you want to hold her?" I say holding Shara out to Poe.

He nods and takes her into his arms, I can see the tears in his eyes. He holds our daughter, soon a nurse comes back in and takes her. We hold each other as we cry. Soon Poe, sits up calming down.
"Rey, I don't want to lose you again and I want to spend the rest of my life with the person I love. With the person I can always trust, and know is on my side. Will you marry me." He says taking off his necklace that holds a ring.

"Yeah." I say nodding my head, as he takes it off the necklace and puts it on my finger.

I kiss him, our faces wet from crying.
"I love you Rey." Poe says breaking our kiss.

"I know." I say putting down the bed side and scooting over to give Poe enough room.

He sits down next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder, and he does the same. I fall asleep laying my head on Poe, feeling the comfort and relaxation of being with him again.
•••
      I wake up, the oxygen mask back on me, I'm breathing hard. I take off the mask looking over at Maggie.
      "What happened?" I say as Maggie pushes the mask back on my face.

      "Your blood pressure got really low and your breathing got shallow. Just relax, it will be up in a second." She says

      "What do we do about it?" I say taking off the mask again.

      "It just means your body doesn't have a lot of nutrients, you need to eat something." She says.

       I nod, putting the mask back on.
      "Where's Poe?" I say.

       "He said he had to go to training and that he would be back after a while." Maggie says.

       "Okay, how long was I asleep?" I ask.

      "About ten days." She says

      "What happened, when I was out." I say

      "Nothing really, a lot of people came to see you though, and Leia said that you convinced Luke to stay." She says sitting down on the side of my bed.

      I smile, my head feeling dizzy.
      "I'm feeling dizzy again." I say

"Okay, just hold on your food is coming." She says as Finn enters with a plate of food.

He puts it out in front of me, pancakes and some milk. This is the first time I'll be the only one eating my food, and it feels different.