Chapter 43

Rey's POV:

   I stand next to Poe, telling him that it's just girl problems. My monthly friend hasn't come, I've had cramps, but it hasn't come. It's a day late. What does that mean? Is it just part of the sickness I have?
      "Okay, What do you want to do? Should we go to Maggie?" He says in a worried tone.

      "Umm, well, I don't know, she might be busy." I say shrugging it off,

      "but I'll make an appointment or look for her in the hallway." I say to Poe.

      He eyes me again, making sure I'm telling the truth. I stare back and he soon relaxes, looking at his clock.
      "Well it's two o'clock, what do you want to do?" He says looking back up at me.

      "I don't know, what do you want to do?" He says

      "I don't know, umm, we could just take a walk." I suggest shrugging.

      "Okay." He says as we walk out the door, making our the door.

We walk out, through the hallway, but turn to the door, to go outside.
M
"What are we gonna do outside?" I ask, hoping I don't get a chill.

"I don't know, go in the forest, and it's nice out here, let's go!" He says grabbing my hand and pulling me out.

Warm air hits me as I walk outside, the suns Rays beam down on us as we make our way to the forest. Poe leads me, and it's a good thing he is or I would be lost. Soon I hear the sound of tricking water.
"What's that noise?" I ask turning to Poe.

"It's the waterfall," He says leading me to a high cliff that looks over a deep pond.

"Woah, thats a long way down." I say taking a step back.

Poe didn't he walks over to the edge and jumps, I hear a splash and look over the edge eating for him to come up for air. I don't see him, so I start calling his name.
"Poe? Come on Poe stop playing." I say trying to get him to come out.

Did he drown? Did he land in a shallow part of the lake? My mind starts going frantic and I soon find myself, leaping over the side of the cliff into the lake. I splash into the lake, and it's deeper than I thought, I start swimming or trying to swim, barely keeping my head above the water. Losing strength I start to sink breathing in half water half oxygen. Soon a pair of hands grab my waist and pull me to shore. Once on shore I start to choke out water.
"I'm so sorry Rey, I wouldn't have done that if I didn't know you did I know how to swim." He says

"Its fine, but Obviously I don't know how to swim, I grew up on a desert planet." I say between chokes.

Finally I got all the water out of my lungs and we sit there, soon I come up with an idea.
"How bout you teach me how to swim." I say smiling at him.

"Oh, okay." He says with a grin on his face.

"First things first, you need to spin your arms around In a circle." He says showing me.

"Okay, got it what's next?" I say

"You need to kick your feet and move your arms at the same time." He says and I try it, as he holds onto my waist.

"There you go! You got it!" He says lifting me up.

I smile at him,
"I can thank you then." I say giving him a kiss on the lips.

We spend the rest of our day swimming around, and Poe teaching me different strokes. Soon we go back, and get ready for bed.
"Man that really wiped me out." I said.

"Yeah, swimming takes a lot of energy." He says as we climb into bed.

Soon Poe fall asleep, and I climb out of bed to do my meditations. But tonight, I don't connect with anyone, I sit there in silence, almost like sleeping. Soon I wake up, to a door closing and I know that Poe left for training. I get up and put on, comfortable, but nice clothes and head out the door, but today I'm not going to the food court I'm going to see Maggie. I get up to the window, and the secretary looks at me.
"Do you have an appointment?" She asks.

"No, but I need to see Dr. Pierce please." I say desperately.

"Would you like to make an appointment?" She asks

"No I just need to see her now." I say in an aggravated voice.

"Rey?" I hear a voice from behind the secretary's desk.

"Maggie." I say with a sigh.

"Let her in, she's okay." She says as the door opens and Maggie and I walk back to her office.

"So whats up?" She says sitting down in her chair.

"I need your help." I say

"As a friend or a doctor?" She asks sitting up.

"Both." I say.

"What's going on." She asks sitting her door then coming to sit over by me.

"Well I've been having these symptoms, and I can't figure out what they are if it's just from lack of sleep, or if it's a bug." I say

"Okay, What kind of symptoms." She asks.

"Umm, I've had cravings and have been eating a lot, and it feels like my chest has gotten bigger, also I've have been throwing up or feel like I'm going to throw up in the mornings, and my monthly friend hasn't come yet, more like it's late." I say as she processes the things in her mind, I look worried hopefully it isn't anything too serious I have to on the mission to Luke soon.

"Okay, I don't want to you to freak out or anything because this may or may not be right." She says,
      "But Rey is there a chance you could be pregnant?"