Chapter 57

Poe's POV:

      I walk back to the infirmary after training. I swear the new troops care less and less about their training, I try and help them but they just don't care. Soon I walk into Rey's room to see her picking at a plate of food.
      "I'm back." I say, she gives me a small smile.

      "Hi." She says

      "What's wrong?" I say walking over to her.

      "I, I don't know, it's stupid." She says looking away.

      "I bet it's not, tell me." I say tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

      "It's just, I haven't eaten my food by myself in a long time." She says.

      "Oh, that's okay. You miss Shara. So do I but she will always be with us. The ones that we love never really leave us." I say

      She nods, wiping away a tear.
      "Would it help if I ate with you?" I say.

      "Yeah." She says

      I start to walk to get my food when she grabs my hand.
      "Can you just way some food off of my plate?" She says with pleading eyes.

       "Rey, you need to eat your food. It's the only way your gonna regain your strength." I say

      "I know, just this once. Please I need this." She says.

      I sigh pulling a chair over by her, I sit down and she hands me a fork.
      "What's on the menu tonight." I say looking at her plate.

      She picks at the food on her plate, it looks to be some kind of meat with a side of veggies and some milk. I pick up a piece of meat and she does the same.
      "Okay, you ready One... two.... three." I say as we both put the piece of meat in our mouth.

      She chews it for a while before swallowing and picking up another piece. She looks at me and we both eat another, with every piece her face gets its color back. I go to take another price and she swats my hand away. I look at her with a surprised expression on my face.
      "I can eat my food by myself now, don't touch our I'll attack you with my fork." She says as I put up my hands in surrender.

      She eats the rest of her food, laying down after. I cover her back up with her blankets before sitting down on my chair.
      "So as long as long as were here we can start planning." She says

      "For the wedding." She says softly.

      "Oh, yeah! What do you wanna call it until we tell people?" I say back to her.

      "Umm... how about operation ring." She says.

      "That sounds perfect so what do you wanna plan first?" I say grinning at her.

      "Umm How about how big do you want it to be?" She asks

      "Probably medium big I don't want a whole lot of people, but just enough." I say, she nods.

      "Okay, Umm what about the colors?" Rey asks.

      "Umm, how about you pick that?" I say

      "How about green and light blue?" She asks smiling.

      "That sounds good." I say smiling at her.

       "I have green and you have the blue?" I say

      "Sure, what about like groomsmen and bridesmaids? Do you want some?"she says

      "Umm, I would probably want Finn as my best man and Shane as my groomsmen." I say

      "I want Maggie, and Rose as my bridesmaids. Probably Maggie as my maid of honor." She says smiling.

      "Okay what else?" I say thinking.

      "I want you to walk Leia up to the front row before the wedding, and Luke to walk me down the isle." She says with a proud smile.

       Soon Finn and Rose walk in.
       "Hey guys! What's going on?" Rey says looking tired.

      "We just wanted to stop by and see you and tell you, we're a couple!" They say smiling.

      Rey let's out a happy squeal and opens her arms. They come over and hug her.
      "I'm so happy for you guys!" She says

      "So tell us how it happened." She says crossing her arms.

      "Well, we were walking down the hallway after work, and he just asked the question." Rose says smiling.

      "That's amazing guys! I'm so happy for you." I say smiling.

      They both smile at us, and we smile back.
      "So what else is going on, that's not as exciting as that?" Rey says.

      We talk for about twenty minutes and then a nurse comes in.
      "Visiting hours are over. She needs to get her rest" She says in a annoyed voice.

      Finn, Rose and I start to walk out when Rey catches my hand.
      "Will you stay here until I fall asleep?" She says in a sad voice.

      "Uh, I don't know if the nurse will let me, but I will stay as long as I can." I say walking over to her.

      She puts down the railing and scoots over. I sit down beside her and wrap my arms around her. She lays her head on my head closing her eyes. She looks up at me, barley awake.
      "Promise you'll be with me forever." Rey says.

      "I promise, I'll be with you until the light leaves my eyes." I say as I stroke her hair.

      Soon her breathing gets deeper and I know she's asleep. Maggie walks in and smiles at us, walking over to the machines and writing down the numbers. She turns to me putting the clipboard to her chest.
      "She really loves you, more than anything." She says looking at her burns.

      "I know, and I love her just as much." I say