Chapter 65

Poe's POV:

I wake up to the sound of pouring rain and the bed empty beside me. I get out of bed putting on a T-shirt and shorts, walking out to find Rey. I turn the corner and hear the rain pour louder. I see the door open and Rey sitting on the side watching the rain, I walk over sitting beside her.
      "Hey." She says in a quick calm voice.

      "Hi." I say smiling sitting down across from her.

      She sighs looking out at the rain. Rey has always loved Rain, she had never even rain before, until she came off of Jakku.
      "How long has it been raining?" I ask looking at her.

      "Bout twenty minutes. Not that long." She says not looking away from the rain.

      We watch the rain as it intensifies, and then slows down until finally it stops. Rey sighs, looking over at me with a peaceful smile.
"That was fun." She says standing up.

I stand up too, walking down and getting out something to eat,
Rey joins me.
      "When do we have to leave?" She says.

      "Probably around noon." I say

       "Okay. What do you want to do during the time we have left?" She asks her mouth full of food.

      "I don't know, you choose." I say smiling at her.

I hear the rain start to fall again as she thinks. Her eyes light up and she smiles as she looks at me.
"Well it's still raining." She says standing up and running outside.

I stand up, and run after Rey. Knowing exactly what she's doing. The door is open and she is out running around in the rain. I follow soon getting drenched by the rain. I can her her laughing, she's running around a big smile on her face. I run around with her, if anybody would have seen us they would've thought we were crazy, but we just keep going. After a while the rain starts to die down and the wind gets cold.
"Lets go inside." She says staring to shiver.

I nod putting my arm around her and she puts it around my back.

I let her have the shower first, she gives me her blanket while I wait. I shiver, feeling the cold air and the soaked clothes on me. I stand up walking over to my bag and getting my clothes. Right on time, Rey comes out in warm clothes. I see the steam come from the bathroom, and walk inside to the warm room. I put down my clothes,  take off the soaked ones, and turn the water on. I get in when the waters warm. I stand in it letting my body warm up, I run water through my hair, relaxing. Soon I get out and dry off, put my new clothes on, and walk out. Rey's sitting in the couch waiting for me. I go over and sit by her she lays her head on my shoulder and yawns.
      "Well Rey, we're gonna have to leave soon." I say

      "I know." She says in a tired and disappointed voice.

      We sit there for a while, I start to fall asleep. I realize what I'm doing and I wake myself up.
      "Okay, Rey. We gotta get going." I say sitting up.

      I hear her breathe deeply and I see her eyes open.
      "Okay." She says getting up half asleep.

      We pack our bags and head out to the X-wing. I put the bags underneath and lock the door before climbing in the ship. I pull Rey up after me, and then close the door. I start up the engine, making sure everything looks okay before taking off. It doesn't take us that long to get there soon I hear the familiar voice of the guard ask me the code, and our name. Soon we dock, and the door opens. Rey stands up, and I grab her hands as she climbs down the X-Wing. After I climb down and we grab our bags. Making our ways back to our room we hold hands. As we walk down the hallways, there was almost no one there. Rey looks over at me with a confused look.
      "Yeah I don't know why the hallways are empty either." I say

      We walk into our room. Sam as we left it. My moms helmet still on the dresser. I smile, as I look at it. Rey comes up and hugs me from behind putting her head on my shoulder. I put my hands on her hands, she sighs peacefully.
      "You want to go get some food and then just come back and hang out here?" She says.

      "Sure." I say turning around and smiling at her.

      We grab hands and walk down the hallways that are still empty.
      "This is so weird. This hallway is usually really busy." Rey says

      "Yeah, I don't know what's up with this but I hope it doesn't last long." I say

      We walk into the cafeteria and all the kitchens are closed down but one. We walk over and see that the only thing there are sandwiches. Rey looks over at me and shrugs.
      "I guess they didn't just leave these here to rot." She says picking up and sandwich and smiling.

      I pick one up too, and we head back to our room. Rey starts to eat her sandwich on the way there.
      "Your not going to have any left for when we get there if you keep eating it." I say in a laughing tone.

      "I know. But it's sooo good!" She says mumbling with a mouth full of food.

      I laugh at her, as we walk into the room. I sit down at the table and start to eat my sandwich, Rey sits across from me now done with her sandwich. Watching me like she hasn't seen food in a month. I take three more big bites of my sandwich, leaving a little left and then offering it to Rey.
      "Here you want the rest of it?" I say as she takes it from my hand and chows it down.

      I stand up stretching, looking over at Rey.
      "There's really nothing to do tonight. Do you just want to go to bed early?" I say yawning.

      "Yeah. I like that idea." She says yawning too.

      We change into our pajamas and lay down in bed. Another night with Rey wrapped in my arms.
      "Good night Rey." I say kissing her on her forehead.

      "Good night hun." She says barley awake.

      I turn off the lights and not a second later I feel myself start to drift asleep.

A/N
I am so sorry I didn't update last week guys! My family and I went on a vacation and I forgot to tell you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sand_is_kool_66