Chapter 7

Rey's POV

I can't believe I got put in a group with a bunch of Nerf Herders! They think that I am just a helpless girl, and I'm not! Now they think I'm weak because I passed out when Liam punched in the back of the head. Not just my team also Poe, I did the one thing I didn't want to do is embarrass myself. I didn't just embarrass myself in front of my team, I embarrassed myself in front of Poe. He had to stay after when everybody left just to make sure that I wasn't dead or whatever, but we had a nice talk. I know more about Poe than I did before, and it sounded like he doesn't share that story with everybody. Then when I stood up I could feel the chemistry between us and it was strong. I think about all of this while I make my way to the cafeteria, this time I get a salad with a galaxy Brownie. I sit there by myself eating in the same place I always do, but while I was dozing off into space I hear someone put their plate down right across from me and i look up to see who it is and it's Poe! I'm so shocked when he says hi, I just smile and start eating again. We eat in silence for a little bit but I didn't think that would last long, Poe is a very talkative person. He says
"Good work today Rey." Poe says in a friendly voice. I say

"Thanks" I say hoping he would start a topic about something.

      "So, your eye looks a lot better how does it feel?" He says in a interested tone.

      "Fine I guess, I mean it feels weird because it's swelled but other than it it's fine. I say as I shrug my shoulders.

      "Good, it should be gone by the time we leave." He says as he shoves some noodles into his mouth.

      I start to smile and shove some salad into my mouth. Poe starts to look at me funny.

"What?" He says with noodles still  in his mouth.  

     "Nothing," I say while I'm giggling.

      "What did I do?" Poe says as he starts to smile.

      "I've just never had anybody sit with me before or talked to me here voluntarily! " I say bursting out laughing

"Why is that so funny?" Poe looks at me with a smile.

"I honestly don't know." I say as my laughing starts to die down and then stop.

"So I told you a little bit about my life, how about you tell me about you?" Poe says with a grin on his face.

"Honestly there's really nothing to tell." I say

"Everyone has a story, tell yours I bet there's stuff I don't know about you." He says in a tempting voice

" Well, before I came here I lived on Jakku alone, I would go find crashed star ships and sell parts to hopefully get enough money for food. That's pretty much how I lived everyday." I say

"See I didn't know you knew things about machines." Poe says trying to make the conversation lighter.

"I guess but probably not as much as you know!" I say an imitating voice.

"That's because I've had many years of practice!" Poe says proudly joking.

      "I guess that is true, but not for long!" I say laughing.

      "What is that supposed to mean?" He said in a joking tone.

      "Well I got to get going, it's almost 9:00." I say looking at the clock.

      "I guess that is 11:00." Poe says in a disappointed voice.

      "We'll see you tomorrow Poe!" I say in a friendly tone.

      "Yep, you better go bet your beauty sleep." Poe says in a half joking half serious tone.

      I go dump my plate and walk out of the cafeteria. I was so embarrassing in there why did you start laughing for no reason. I roll my eyes as the machine scans my face for what feels like the 1,000,000,000 time. As I walk in I do my regular routine to get ready to bed, and i climb into bed and just like that I fall asleep from all the exhaustion from today.

TIME SKIP TO THE NIGHT THAT THEY LEAVE FOR THE MISSON.

As I'm packing my bag for the mission I wonder what I need. I pack lots of clothes, bullets, and the gun that Poe gave me. Some extra snacks because I always do better when I eat before, and my mission pager. After about 10 minuets first packing I feel like I'm done but I feel like I need to pack something else. I look around and then think of, the lightsaber. Should I pack it? Would I need it?
I decide to pack it just in case I come across the monster. I don't think anybody would think of it. As I finish packing I make one last look around my room to make sure I didn't forget anything else, I leave my room and make my way towards the landing platform. When I get there I see Poe standing outside the ship, and he looked at me and said.
      "You ready?" He asks me

      "I think so." I say giving him a smile.

      "Ok let's go then, your the last one." Poe says as he pats me on the shoulder and follows me up onto the ship.

      I walk onto the ship and sit down in the corner by myself. Poe says
     " Everyone strap yourself in and prepare for liftoff" then goes back in the cock pit.
      I buckle myself in and lean against the wall and fall asleep.  I wake up to someone shaking me, I wake up and give them the death stare. I realize it's Poe and he just smiles and
      "says come on Rey, we're setting up camp." He says in a soft tone.

     I nod and get up to start helping and after about 20 minuets we were done. We all decided we would go to bed because we had a big day tomorrow. I am the first one to get into the sleeping quarters and release they are all bunk beds. I climb up to the top bunk just as the other guys are walking in. Then I hear one of the guys complain.
      "Come on that's not fair! She's smaller than us so she can move quicker! She took my spot!" Own of them complain.

      " Well Rey got there first, so she gets the top bunk. You can go on the other top one of you want." Poe says in a laughing tone.

      " No I'm snot sleeping by her." Jack says in disgust.

      "Fine then I'll sleep there then." Poe said in a Happy but confident tone. As Poe puts all of his belongings on the bunk right next to mine.

      In about an hour Everyone was ready for bed. It was awkward trying to find a place to change into my combat clothes but, eventually they all went in the room and I went out to change. Then went to look out the window at the many trees. Then eventually make my onto my bunk and falling asleep thinking of Poe an the green forest.

A/N
Another chapter done! Sorry I didn't upload yesterday I had a really busy day!